UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tekno Needs Lots Of Healing Thoughs Please

Mrs Mop

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

Been to see him today and he wasn't as good as I thought but I think I expected him to be his normal excitable self but just unable to sit up. but the vets are pleased with his progress so far and the OH said he was 100% better from when he took him in yesterday - when we feared the worst the vet said worst case scenario was a fractured neck. I guess its distressing to see one of your own like that and its small step and milestones.

He was a bit out of it and confused, but is on some strong painkillers and duretics - the main aim at the moment is to keep him stable and the duretics are to drain the fluid from his brain and where his disc has leaked - I think (and you know what its like I was so pleased that the vet said it wasn't the worst case scenario and i was in the middle of belfast airport in floods of tears with the final call for my flight etc! bit stressful) that where the disc has burst, they think could be putting pressure on something which is causing the paralysis. Once the fluid has drained theya re hoping the brain swelling will go down (I don't think there is going to be any permanent damage from that) and also it might naturally return more feeling and movement. he has definate movement in his front legs, and was trying to use them to roll onto his tummy but seemed a bit confused about where to put them to do that. Therse movement in his tail and feeling in one back paw.

They haven't a firm plan for the next step of his treatment yet, I think it depends on what happens naturally today and tomorrow I don't know if they will need to operate on this disc or not, the vets going to check him out again in the morning and we are going to see him again.

Poor boy was whimpering just after I got there which he hadn't been doing, but it turns out he needed a wee and I don't think he liked having to lye on is bed and have a wee and getting his back legs wet.

Apparently his tail was thumping when he saw the vet nurse which is more than me and the OH got!

He has apparently had two tins of food, and tinned food really upsets his tummy so he had dreadful wind too! We took his bed and the smelly dog blanket from his bed.

Apparently he didn't want his tea, so has gone back onto a drip - its a real roller coaster each time a bit of news comes in!

Anyway he is the only dogs in the surgery over the weekend and the nurse is lovely. He is getting her full one to one and you can see how much she cares. Theres a little sunny bit outside and she said she might carry him outside for a bit of sunshine for half our later - and there is a flat upstairs and we thought might be a good idea in the evening to take him up on his special bed up to the flat so its nicer surroundings to catch a bit of telly etc!!

I have said to him if he gets better I don't care if he wants to react to other dogs he can be as grumpy as he wants.

Poor puddings a bit stressed - she is naturally a quiet dog but she has been off staying with her friends a bit, and seems chilled out with the other dogs and away from us stressing!

Will update tomorrow - thanks again everyone, it means alot to know so many rooting for him!

ooh the vet nurse has just rung and he has managed his tea now smile.gif He is such a greedy dog that if he is off his food you know he is feeling down. We told her he is a tea addict too, and she said if he is a bit perkier might try him with a cuppa in the morning!

100_1505.jpg

Brilliant, he certainly seems to moving in the right direction , I know two people who have had burst disc's and both needed surgery to fix it, very painful apparantly but once the op is done it's fixed with no further problems. Great sign that he's noticing his bladders full :flowers:

Emma, sory I've only just seen this. I'm not far away. If you need someone to pop in on pudding or whatever please let me know. will help in anyway I can :flowers:

Will PM you my number. :GroupHug: Please do use it if you need it, we could all be where you are at any time. :(

Sending :GroupHug: for Tekno. Hope the little man is back to himself soon :flowers:

Keep us informed of his progress!