UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mum has gone home today after I brought her back with me at the weekend to have a break after the stress of the last couple of weeks

My brother has not been heard from since he hung up on Mum on Monday morning I swear he's gonna be the death of her :angry:

One of the girls I teach has set fire to herself and tried to jump off the multistorey, I am absolutely heart broken.

Laura. I am soo sorry. How awful :GroupHug:

I had no intention of getting another dog for about 3 months when I lost my beloved Lucy. The thought was inconcievable. The next day, I saw Lottie advertized. Her discription was Lucy. Not looks, personality. I believe Lucy sent her to me. My vet said I was the sort of person who would not last 5 minutes without a dog. His words were "Is it another GSD? I said no. He said "Go and get her NOW"

You would not be disloyal to Bear. If it feels right. Do it. Lottie felt right. She is a wee bugger but, I don't know what I would have done without her. I even borrowed a pal's dog as the house was so empty till Potty arrived.

I helped Jasmine tonight. She was my foster cat with the tumour who is buried in my garden and who came back as a blackbird :wub: (I am not mad, tis very true). She recently married Mr Blackbird and they have babies. I see them both about three billion times a day collecting worms from the garden :wub: Ian went out for a fag and noticed one of their babies trapped behind the compost bin & some of the kids toys. Baby, Jasmine & Mr Blackbird were screaming their heads off. Everytime Ian moved near to the baby to try to free it they took turns in dive bombing him very angrily :( So he came in to tell me and I said I'd do it. Jasmine knows me and trusts me so I was able to move the toys and scoop baby out into the open without her trying to finish me off. Baby stumbled away and flew into a bush. Jasmine looked relieved & delighted and ever since Mr Blackbird has been singing a celebratory song on next doors roof :laugh: :wub:

Wendbert, I was thinking of you today... we have a 17 year old black lab in boarding at the moment, with his 8 year old "brother".... you would love him! He has a grey muzzle :wub: and is quite fit all things considered, he will galop along slowly to go to the paddock, and merrily humps his brother when he thinks something exciting is about to happen :rolleyes:

Wendbert, I was thinking of you today... we have a 17 year old black lab in boarding at the moment, with his 8 year old "brother".... you would love him! He has a grey muzzle :wub: and is quite fit all things considered, he will galop along slowly to go to the paddock, and merrily humps his brother when he thinks something exciting is about to happen :rolleyes:

17??? Wow, that is a good age :biggrin:

I have a Henry now who is black with a grey face :wub: He used to like humping but the other week I got his boy bits chopped off :wink: :laugh:

:GroupHug: Nick. At least you are there for your mum :flowers:

Laura I am really sorry to hear about your pupil and hope she'll be OK :flowers:

Sarah, I think it would be a fine thing to take another dog, or at least look into it. Do what feels right :GroupHug:

I was doing some painting earlier and went all dizzy and whoozie. My shoulder was giving me intense pain and I had to take an anti-sickness pill as well as painkillers. I buggered off to bed and slept for about 2 hours and now feel a lot better except that I can't keep warm - and it's red hot here! I have a fleece on and my neighbour was astounded when I went out into the garden with it on as she was stripped off topping up her tan.

I haven't caught up in here properly so :GroupHug: to anyone I have missed mentioning :flowers:

He used to like humping but the other week I got his boy bits chopped off :wink: :laugh:

Since Josh has lived in happy harmony with his bollox for 17 years, I am inclined to think he deserves to keep them :laugh:

Anne:

henry3.jpg

:biggrin: :wub: :biggrin:

awww, he's a bit handsome isn't he :wub:

I am finding at my job, that I usually instantly love the oldies.... and not only cos they are incapable of yanking me around, pulling and pushing me and smearing me in mudd while palying in the paddocks :laugh: :D

One of the girls I teach has set fire to herself and tried to jump off the multistorey, I am absolutely heart broken.

Oh no Laura the poor girl must have been in real pain to have done that :( :GroupHug: for you as it must have come as a real shock.

Cheryl your Jasmine Mrs Blackbird story is lovely :wub:

Sarah I don't think it's disloyal at all,just sharing your already big enough heart a little more :flowers:

oh no thats awful :GroupHug: hope she is going to be ok

Thanks guys :flowers: This fella has been at the Barn for 2 months with no interest and it's sorting of feeling like it's meant to be but we're still hurting over Bear :unsure: It's going to be a few weeks till we can meet him anyway thanks to the car scenario, but Fi knows we're "sort of" interested so we'll see what happens. Flora is so missing having a big brother around though :(

Bear would be touched to see his Mummy help out another homeless doggie.

Hope you get to meet the gorgeous fella soon and offer him a home :GroupHug:

I've just had another alarming incident with Issie. My dogs are going to have me in an early grave. Was in the garden. She was barking at me to go chase her. I was about to when Bracken distracted me. I turned around to start playing with her again and she was stood funny. I went up to her and her head was up while I was talking to her and her eyes were rolling to the back of her head. Up and down then they both went white but kept rolling a bit up and down. Was awful as obviously she couldn't see. I kept talking to her and kept her calm soothing her wondering what the hell was the matter and suddenly her eyes came back to normal. I'm keeping her quiet and keeping a close eye on her. Very relieved she didn't panic this time and now appears her normal jolly self. I assume this is another vestibular attack? Have never seen this happen to a dog before. Am so glad I was there when it happened. I don't think it can be because of too much sun and just seems too coincidental seeing as she had a vestibular episode last June. Scared the beejeezus out of me but I kept calm infront of her.

Aww poor Issie. Hope she is ok :GroupHug:

I am very pleased.

Argos finally got the cheap garden set in I wanted so have been to buy it.

Although the weather has now turned lousy, but I thought I best purchase now before they sold out.

Nice chap serving in Argos .... rather tasty, which made my day :biggrin:

Off to bed with Lady now (well she doesn't get in my bed, but sleeps on my bedroom floor)

NN all x

yipppeee its Friday tomorrow and I can have a lay-in cause the children's Dad is taking them to school for a change