UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

:GroupHug: Julia.

How's Tommy doing? :unsure: Is it today he has to go into hospital?

Why are you gardening at such an ungodly time ms. Bejo? :unsure:

Jenna update:

She has had a comfortable night, and the fluids have perked her up. The blood tests are showing her kidney function is ok for a dog her age. The scan however has revealed a very infected womb which, would explain the bleeding. They are going to do an emergency spey this morning. :(

I'm so mad i could pop. :angry: My vet will not under any circumstances spey a dog over 7 UNLESS they show signs of pyo. :angry: I had this argument with him with Angel. He feels it's too big an operation to put an older dog through just for the sake of it. He called it elective surgery. Until my argument with him it was age 9 now, it's age 7. My mum asked him to spey Jenna ages ago, and he wouldn't. Now lookat her. An over night stay, drips, scan, and an emergenct stay. Still, it'll be a nice little earner for 'em :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been talking to Sam for some time only our conversation kept being interrupted by Sam disappearing and very loud trumpeting noises :rolleyes:

Sam insists its because she has a snotty nose and as it is considered rude to blow your nose in public in Sri Lanka she has to wait until she is safely back at MEF before doing so :laugh:

I cannot however imagine that any hooman nose is capable of producing such loud trumpety noises so I will assume that Sam was being very honourable and taking the blame for the noises caused by Rani blowing her trunk :D

it was me :blush02: I had been waiting for flipping ages to blow my nose when you rang so sorry

Does anyone know of a charity working on the Burma disaster to which you can donate without giving your email address, postal address etc? I want to make a donation to the relief effort, but I don't want to increase the already huge pile of charity appeals that I get through the door every day. I am sure charities must spend more money on sending me post than I can possibly afford to send back to them! I tried the red cross, but they seem to practically want your inside leg measurement to take money off you.

On the google homepage ( well the sri lankan one anyway ) there are links to 2 organstations and a way of sending money via google ( not sure how that works )

the weather here was odd last week and we did get a huge ammount of rain , in fact so much so our river broke its banksd and overall 60000 people were displaced because of flooding but to read what has happened in bruma has brought tears to my eyes

oooh hello by the way

Morning

:GroupHug: 's for Jenna.

Ti's lovely and sunny here again today. I'm walking like a wally cos my legs are killing me...this getting my horse fit isn't doing me any good at all!! :laugh: Luckily it's his day off today...thank goodness!!! Looking forward to collecting the rabble and taking them down the beach, this week we've got some of the lowest tides of the year and it's fab! Tuesday we actually managed to ride around the head land and usually it's cut off by the sea...Kane thought it was much fun cos he thought he was going for a swim!! :rolleyes:

Oh sorry....hello Sam, hope you are having fun. :flowers:

Edited by JACKYSIAN

Morning :wavey:

I didn't wake up till 8.25 this morning :unsure: no idea why but I was only 7 minutes late for work :biggrin: poor Jack hasn't had his morning walk tho :( so will be taking an early lunch and taking him out - along with a bottle of water to throw over him :laugh:

:GroupHug: Tracey

:GroupHug: Julia

I really don't know how I am the person i am or how I became the person I am now ( does that make sense )

there is no way that the me I was a few years ago would do the things i do now,

I have been thinking about it loads over the last week ( have been on my own a lot can you tell :laugh: ) and i have come to the concluson that i am very differant now to me a few years ago.

reading that back I look like a total fruitloop with sunstroke :biglaugh:

Does anyone know of a charity working on the Burma disaster to which you can donate without giving your email address, postal address etc? I want to make a donation to the relief effort, but I don't want to increase the already huge pile of charity appeals that I get through the door every day. I am sure charities must spend more money on sending me post than I can possibly afford to send back to them! I tried the red cross, but they seem to practically want your inside leg measurement to take money off you.

I'm going to donate through Shelterbox I think. I donated before - but online - for another relief effort they were helping with.

http://www.shelterbox.org/donate.htm

They're based in Cornwall - it doesn't mention sending chqs but you could give them a call (contact details run along the bottom) and either maybe donate over the phone or check re sending a chq?

I really don't know how I am the person i am or how I became the person I am now ( does that make sense )

there is no way that the me I was a few years ago would do the things i do now,

I have been thinking about it loads over the last week ( have been on my own a lot can you tell :laugh: ) and i have come to the concluson that i am very differant now to me a few years ago.

reading that back I look like a total fruitloop with sunstroke :biglaugh:

Makes perfect sense to me :flowers: I must be a fruitloop too :cool: I have had that feeling before where I felt things had changed so much that when I thought back a few years I would never have believed I would be doing/believing the things I was. Not that I did anything fantastic like Dogstar mind.

I was thinking this morning when i was washing an elephant how mad my life is , i travel to Sri Lanka on my own when I am shite scared of flying , I eat in local bars and stuff on my own ( well I take a book ) I chat to locals in my crap attempts at Sinhala ( and they understand ) I have learnt to talk to elephants ( they have a special language ) and Rani listens and responds , i am known locally here as the dog lady and dogs follow me every where, I share my shower with a toad etc etc etc

its mad or i am mad ( i am not sure which one is which any more )

my cat :mecry:

I hadn't forgotten Pluto :GroupHug: I meant electrical/motorised things. He's far more important than those things :GroupHug:

its mad or i am mad ( i am not sure which one is which any more )

It's neither, it's blooming amazing :pinkie:

RMF: I am having a rest from the garden. I am sooooooooo unfit but I'm getting heaps done.