UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Horrible Weekend.

JACKYSIAN

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that must be every dog owner's nightmare.

The sheep were straying on your friend's land, so not your fault, but you must feel terrible about it.

We live in the country and there are lots of little critters scurrying about in the garden. I feel bad when the dogs kill one of them.

I hope you can sort something out for Sidney.

As said previously, you are now have a problem caused by someone else's negligence.

So sorry Jacky. What a horrible experience. It is not your fault, though I cam imagine how awful you must feel. My mum and dad's dog who lives with us (the house share thing) is a retriever who likes nothing more than to 'retrieve' things she has found down holes. She has only once caught something (a mole) which she killed and it is devastating but it is natural instinct and boundaries were crossed by the sheep. (so the farmer's fault) Do not beat yourself up too much - at least the little lamb is running free now with no pain - you did everything you could and will continue to do everything you can for your dogs and to avoid this sort of thing. Hugs to you for your shock and upset! xxx

Are they hunting dogs?

No, they are just pet dogs like everyone elses on here.

Jacky, I'm so sorry this happened to you, your dogs and the lamb but they acted on instinct and you have taken steps to prevent it happening again. :GroupHug:

No, they are just pet dogs like everyone elses on here.

Jacky, I'm so sorry this happened to you, your dogs and the lamb but they acted on instinct and you have taken steps to prevent it happening again. :GroupHug:

No I just meant are they spaniels or greyhounds with a strong hunting drive. as we have tried everything with our spaniel but her hunting drive is just there and very strong like I said before we had similar problems and you cant take responsibily for what other people do.

No I just meant are they spaniels or greyhounds with a strong hunting drive. as we have tried everything with our spaniel but her hunting drive is just there and very strong like I said before we had similar problems and you cant take responsibily for what other people do.

No they are proper mutts! :biggrin: Sidney is actually a Standard Poodle x JRT and Cromwell is quiet possibly some sort of hound cross Lab thing. (My 'vicious killer staffie x's' were the only 2 that didn't react or attempt to attack!!)

I spoke to my farmer friend last night, his suggestion was to give Sidney to him for a day and he'd 'sort it out'....when I asked what that meant he said 'shock collar and a ram'!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dry: Obviously that won't be happening! I'm hoping Jim can help because the walks anywhere near sheep are becoming a problem, last night he was reacting to every lambs cry...and living here that's not a good thing! This morning I walked them on the cliffs cos I know there are no sheep there and he totally ignored the cattle which I'm pleased about because I was worried he'd become all stock unfriendly (and owning a horse I cannot have that!)