UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Camp 27th - 29th June

Lydford

I'm looking forward to this weekend.

I'm like a big kid!

Can anyone living close by give details of local vets. Just in case. I want to be prepared.

I woke up this morning, and there was no wind. My first thought was, a perfect day for camping.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vet surgery is about 30 minutes away but is ace. I'm guessing we might need to find one closer, just in case though.

These guys are supposed to be good, they're in Oxford. It might be a bit closer than my vet.

Beaumont Veterinary Hospital

111 Botley Rd

Oxford

Oxfordshire

OX2 0LF

01865 243225

For those with pointies, these are the ones who attend the greyhound track (To me, it doesn't necessarily mean they have any greater knowledge though) http://www.andrewbartholomewvets.co.uk/

Can I ask a big favour of anyone coming on the Camping weekend and who is going to a B&Q before hand? They are selling sweet little solar lanters for £5.00 - special promotion - in pink,white,green and black. The one colour I want but they've sold out here in 3 branches is the pink. If anyone sees them please can they buy me 2 and I'll donate a fiver to Oldies as well for the effort :biggrin:

Another who is ridiculously excited about this - you should see the lists I have.Thanks for the vet info as well.

Thank you for that Peachy.

Thats another thing crossed off my 'to do' list.

lol zicos mum..... I got some solar lights the other day, theyare little and twinkly,flash on and off, and are different colours!

It may drive the dogs mad, so not sure if I'll take them.

Lights are a good idea.

can I suggest that if any of you take bottles of alcohol that you put your name on it so that if there is any left at the end of the weeked people will know who it belongs to.x

alcohol......left over....are you mad? :D

Can I ask a big favour of anyone coming on the Camping weekend and who is going to a B&Q before hand? They are selling sweet little solar lanters for £5.00 - special promotion - in pink,white,green and black. The one colour I want but they've sold out here in 3 branches is the pink. If anyone sees them please can they buy me 2 and I'll donate a fiver to Oldies as well for the effort :biggrin:

Another who is ridiculously excited about this - you should see the lists I have.Thanks for the vet info as well.

I'm going this afternoon/evening. Can you post a piccy at all so I know what to look for?

Oooh star - I couldn't find a photo at all but all the shops I've been in have them right at the front in the promotion area.They are square about 8-9" high with a handle and a long tube inside and a solar charger on the top,they'd look lovely hanging up in my garden if you can find a couple. One branch had sold out of them all,others had just black and white left.

Oh and they are £5.00 each.

Edited by zico's mum

I had a trial go of putting up my tent this afternoon in the park. Cant do it in the garden as its patio and deck. I am so glad I did this, as I have only put the tent up once and that was 3 years ago. It took 1.5 hours!!!!!!!!!!! Me and daughter had a lot of blond moments (son was too busy sulking) Eventually we got it up. The kids then went off to the woods with the dogs and I had coffee and read my book. :) Two hours later we had the fun of taking it down! The amount of stuff we will be taking is scary as its only for 2 nights. :) See you all then, I am really looking forward to it all now I have conquered the tent.

I had a trial go of putting up my tent this afternoon in the park. Cant do it in the garden as its patio and deck. I am so glad I did this, as I have only put the tent up once and that was 3 years ago. It took 1.5 hours!!!!!!!!!!! Me and daughter had a lot of blond moments (son was too busy sulking) Eventually we got it up. The kids then went off to the woods with the dogs and I had coffee and read my book. :) Two hours later we had the fun of taking it down! The amount of stuff we will be taking is scary as its only for 2 nights. :) See you all then, I am really looking forward to it all now I have conquered the tent.

We've had quite a few tents over the years, but our latest one only takes 20mins to put up. (allegedly)We had a practice on the common and it blew across the field! Hope it's not windy at the weekend. We take a small trailer and leave most of our stuff in it.

We will be quite late on Friday as I have a training day and OH can't get out of work earlier than 4.30pm, so won't be home until 5pm at the earliest. :rolleyes:

They only had 1 pink but I got it for you if that's any good ?