UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'm So Worried About Yena

yena

A couple of weeks ago I took Yena to the Vets. Her tummy was really hard and swollen. After examining her the Vet give her a couple of injections and some special food and powder, than told us to go back after a couple of days. Everything was fine afterwards and she seemed ok. But, when we came back home from the caravan last weekend, Yena stops at home with 3 of my other dogs, I noticed her back legs looked swollen. By the morning the swelling had gone down, and everything seemed fine. But, when we came back home yesterday after the Easter break, the swelling was back. Just been up home to check on her and the swelling on her legs is worse and her tummy is really swollen and hard. I've got a vets appointment for 5to6 tonight, I just hope she's going to be ok. I just can't imagine life without her :mecry:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've put her on a gluten free diet, wondering if the swelling was due to an allergic reaction. But, the swelling seems worse than it was a week ago. She's been having 'Webbox' which is gluten free and I've just got her some 'Supadog-sensative' which is also gluten free, and I've been using this a mixer. I so hope it's an allergy

Hoping they can find out what it is later and it's nothing serious. :GroupHug: Have just realised something. You have said that each time this happens you have been away. Where is the person who is looking after her taking her for a walk? Maybe an allergic reaction is taking place from something she's coming across. I wondered what the heck was wrong with our Bracken the other night because he started running around like a loony, jumping on the furniture and behaving really oddly. Twitching his feet. It turns out oh had taken him for a walk on some land near us. I pointed out I'd asked him not to take BJ there again as the last time he did the same thing happened.

Edited by Jacobean

Hoping they can find out what it is later and it's nothing serious. :GroupHug: Have just realised something. You have said that each time this happens you have been away. Where is the person who is looking after her taking her for a walk? Maybe an allergic reaction is taking place from something she's coming across. I wondered what the heck was wrong with our Bracken the other night because he started running around like a loony, jumping on the furniture and behaving really oddly. Twitching his feet. It turns out oh had taken him for a walk on some land near us. I pointed out I'd asked him not to take BJ there again as the last time he did the same thing happened.

Yena, stays at home and is looked after by one of my sons and is normally just let into the garden, when we are not there. I hadn't thought of plants until you said about it, and my eldest son did say she had been eating plants last week, when the swelling started, so it could be possible that she's allergic to one she eaten and I have planted some new ones this year. Thanks for that jacobean :flowers: , looks like it might be a good idea for me to get my gardening books out to check.

Edited by yena