UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Shadow

dognabbit

My friend Shadow, a true gent, has passed away on Easter Monday at 6.30 from liver failure. He fell on Sunday and was being treated in Canterbury for a suspected dislocated knee.

Susie and I were driving home to Sandwich after our second of four to the vets on the Canterbury road. It was 9.30ish. As we passed Wingham Wildlife Park in the sky to our right we saw a falling star.

We didn’t realise it had made a space for Shadow for the following night.

When he shal die

Take him and cut him

out in little stars

And he will make the face

of heaven so fine

That all the world will be in

love with the night

And pay no worship

no the garish sun

I will miss you Shadow, for evermore my dearest friend……..

DSC00905.jpg

shadow1.jpg

529.jpg

DSC00584-1.jpg

shadow2.jpg

Shadow was the first greyhound that Claire and I had the fortune to share our home with, he started our knowledge of how beautiful and loving they are and how cruelly they are treated.

Because of him 13 greyhounds in Andover were rehomed when a trainer went out of business and then later when we took over White Lodge Boarding kennels we started a greyhound rescue, which became White Lodge Longdogs and with the help of many people we went on to rehome over 350 greyhounds and lurchers a handful of mutts and 3 kittens.

I hope all of those greyhounds and lurchers have inspired people to help with their plight so many more have been helped.

Gary

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic