UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping

Wendbert

I can't see the photo's from work :angry:

I have tent news :biggrin: I got the Avon tent from Millets - a bargainous £35 in the sale and it was the last one in the shop. There's a very lovely lady working in there who gave me loads of advice and thought it would be good for me and the dogs as it is easy to put up and we can all be in the same pod :laugh:

I am trying to convince my co-worker that I should put the tent up now :unsure:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has already been mentioned on here, but an important piece of kit is a blanket or even duvet if you prefer to put underneath you no matter what you sleep on. It stops all the cold coming up off the ground. This will apply to the dogs as well.

As a Scout Leader I have been on many camps and it really does make a difference in keeping you warm.

Also, something else that works, and something we always tell the kids to do is to get changed into different clothing before you get into bed, no matter how cold it may feel at first, ( I know you will say you always do anyway but when its cold and dark and late its quite often an effort when you are camping!!!!) It really does make you warmer when you get into bed - honest!!!

Kate :D

Thanks Kate :flowers:

I plan on getting some of the ground mad things as they were in Millets for £5 buy one get one half price, so I can put them on the ground sheet and then bedding on top for the dogs. The dog loungers look good but Bumpy would probably struggle to get on, or he'd fall off in the night :rolleyes:

I can get other things as I go along but as the tent was a bargain, I got it. Oh, and a 3 season sleeping bag that was reduced from £40 to £15 :wink:

good choice of tent; we use that one for weekend camping. The sleeping area is large: I take loads of quilts that I lay over a couple of sleeping mats, 2 for myself, the dogs' quilts they lie on at home, plus assorted cheap/old sleeping bags that I use under/over dogs. The porch on the Avon tent has a peg down groundsheet, but the sleeping area is all in one g'sheet so no chance of dogs escaping. It is easy to put up. We have a much larger, stand-upable in tent for longer camping trips but that takes too long to put up for a weekend. Would suggest one of those 'thermos' style insulated, lidded mugs so you can take a hot drink back to your tent when you retire, but recall you'll be on the cold stuff :biggrin: Am sure you'll enjoy it.

You are thinking of camping? take two tablets, lie down in a darkened room and wait for the feeling to pass! :D :laugh:

:unsure:

:laugh:

It'll be fine. I'm sure :wacko:

good choice of tent; we use that one for weekend camping. The sleeping area is large: I take loads of quilts that I lay over a couple of sleeping mats, 2 for myself, the dogs' quilts they lie on at home, plus assorted cheap/old sleeping bags that I use under/over dogs. The porch on the Avon tent has a peg down groundsheet, but the sleeping area is all in one g'sheet so no chance of dogs escaping. It is easy to put up. We have a much larger, stand-upable in tent for longer camping trips but that takes too long to put up for a weekend. Would suggest one of those 'thermos' style insulated, lidded mugs so you can take a hot drink back to your tent when you retire, but recall you'll be on the cold stuff :biggrin: Am sure you'll enjoy it.

Thank you :flowers: I've got a couple of thermos mugs, so thats another tick off my list :biggrin:

I might have to put the tent up in the lounge tonight, just to see what its like. And see what Bumpy makes of it :laugh:

Thanks Alex :flowers: I've already got a ground spike for the dogs for when we go to shows and things although knowing my two, the one most likely to wander off is Bumpy :rolleyes:

I know the feeling. A couple of times I've been stood talking to people at shows only to feel the lead go slack cos Max has slipped out of his harness and decided to go exploring :rolleyes: :wub:

we go camping alot and have treated ourselves to a 8 man tent. airbed is a must (we have a king sized) and to cover it i use a normal fitted sheet.

we take camping chairs and there is nothing like the taste of food/drink in the open air. sat around the campfire with your mates chatting. you dont drink and someone puts mulled wine on the fire and you suddenly realize you are giggling your tits off. that feeling when you are staring into the fire and you are warm and sleepy yet can't be assed to go to bed.

camp site facilities are much better than they used to be. i have camped where there was no loo's at all and it wasnt to bad. sat watching the sun come up over the valley edge and hitting the river.... i miss it :D

You will OK as long as you don't get weather like this :D

IMG_6654-1.jpg

Our friend is in there somewhere, with her five dogs

Eeek...thats dedication to camping.

If its that chilly in June, I may decide to stay at home.

But I do agree with the fact that theres nothing like eating and cooking outdoors.

I booked my place earlier, and I'm really looking forward to it.