UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping

Wendbert

:unsure:

I've never been camping but have been thinking of getting a tent and being able to go along to the Oldies camping weekend and possibly other events where there is camping. I have no idea what I need, well, apart from a tent, obviously!

So, can all those of you who are camping experts advise me what I'd need? Kind of like a kit list :laugh:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked that out :laugh: It's more the tent and stuff I'll need :laugh:

ISomething like this?

If we were meant to camp, God wouldn't have invented Travelodges :D

Last did it in about '87, I think. I said 'never again' back then and have, thankfully, stuck to it.

Oh :unsure: Erm :huh:

See, I was thinking, as tents are easier to put up (allegedly) and I'd have the dogs to keep me warm and snug, plus I'd probably be a bit pizzed, it shouldnt be too traumatic :unsure:

we camp or caravan alot

keep it easy, sleeping (think warm !)

lighting

food ( cooker pots and some thing to eat with )

bowl to wash up in

what the dogs need

we keep it all in box,s so i can see what i have and take out what is not needed or put in things

but that way i can't not bring some thing

i caravan more now as i did so many shows i got sick of putting the tent up

but same thing, same stuff to a point

think warm and don't take any thing you don't need,

to much stuff to just a pain

thats very similar to my tent which is easy to put up and enough room to move around in. Bear in mind, on most sites you will have your car next to your tent so its not a case of trying to fit everything into a small space. I get away with a cooler box for my food, tent and torch and a big bottle of water. Assuming the site has a toilet block and shower block you dont need much else. If you enjoy it then i would look at getting into a little portable cooker and pans and stuff.

thats very similar to my tent which is easy to put up and enough room to move around in. Bear in mind, on most sites you will have your car next to your tent so its not a case of trying to fit everything into a small space. I get away with a cooler box for my food, tent and torch and a big bottle of water. Assuming the site has a toilet block and shower block you dont need much else. If you enjoy it then i would look at getting into a little portable cooker and pans and stuff.

Thank you :flowers: From talking to Cindy, I think the plan for the OC weekend is to find a site with shower/toilet block etc, so I'm thinking if I start off with just the basics, if I do like it I can get more equipped, but if not, flog the tent on ebay :laugh:

We have several tents which get an airing a few times a year - we also have campbeds you could borrow - tho errm I prefer an airbed myself as the camp beds take a bit of getting used to :laugh:

Must haves for camping:

Extra tent pegs

Rubber mallet

Airbed

Groundsheet

Screw into the ground stake thingy for the dogs.

Water container.

Plastic picnic set

Bedding (sleeping bags or just take a duvet and pillows)

Slip on and off shoes for the late night/early morning treks to the loo block

Jogging bottoms & sweatshirt for the late night/early morning treks to the loo block

TORCH!

Gas powered tongs or hair brush

Batteries & more batteries

Battery powered lights

Snacks - camping makes you hungry

Waterproofs

Dogbed or dog bedding unless you wanna share the airbed with them - tho that comes highly recommended for warmth :laugh:

Before we got our caravan we used to go camping with the 3 dogs. We got a big tent of e-bay but you will be surprised with everything you need. We had to buy a little trailer to put it all in as the dogs had the boot we then picked up our first caravan for £250 and it was great just stored all in caravan. I miss the luxury of my own loo when we had tent as no-one like s doing a dump on a public loo....................