UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Puppy Farm

Houndwoman

'Out of the frying pan and into the fire'

Honestly? I'm secretly gald their hideous money making scheme has been blighted and I hope it puts them out of business. I am also sad about the dogs and pups stolen in that I wonder what hands they are going to fall into next.

:(

If the reporting is accurate, then ...

He added: "In total, the dogs and puppy litters were worth £15,000. I can't believe it."

Speaks volumes :(

Though I obviously don't condone dog theft as a rule, I do hope very much the dogs are all safe, being well looked after and have better things to look forward to.

One can only hope the dogs were stolen by well meaning people who didnt like the conditions they were kept in and reasons for keeping them, and whilst i dont condone breaking the law in any way shape or form, i have my fingers crossed that they go on to find perfect life long homes where they wont be used as breeding machines to meet the financial greet of their owners.

One can only hope the dogs were stolen by well meaning people who didnt like the conditions they were kept in and reasons for keeping them, and whilst i dont condone breaking the law in any way shape or form, i have my fingers crossed that they go on to find perfect life long homes where they wont be used as breeding machines to meet the financial greet of their owners.

ditto that, because thinking about it, if all you are is a totally unloved 'breeding machine' to someone then life can't get much worse can it?

"They obviously had time at the farm to steal the dogs, it couldn't have been rushed."

Of course they had time, the ever so concerned owners weren't even on the premises.

Hopefully all the puppies are safe and well and headed for better lives.

It never ceases to amaze me the gaul with which these people grab the front page of newspapers claiming to be heart broken

that thier "pets" have been stolen.

But then in an age where "rescues" buy excess puppies to pass on is it any wonder that business that cannot fail to make money out of canine misery get angry when someone releases the pups to a better life where profit isnt the main objective.

You all seem to be incredibly optimistic about this. The odds that they have been stolen by anti-puppy-farm people are low. I know that dogs are sometimes stolen from bad situations by rescuers, but it isn't that common, is it? Does anyone definitely know of well-intentioned people who are doing this in Wales, i.e. taking batches of pedigree dogs and pups in bulk? The chances that these dogs have been taken by the people who have been stealing pedigree dogs in West Wales to sell for profit are much higher. I hate puppy farms, I'm living in the middle of one of the worst areas for it, but believe me there are places far worse than this one where the theft would not even have been reported because they wouldn't have wanted the authorities poking around.

And please note everyone, the people who will take a breeding bitch from a puppy farm to sell on will also take other dogs - including maybe YOUR rescue bitch whose spay scar has faded.

So unless someone definitely knows these dogs have been taken by people who aren't pro thieves and do want the best for these pups, let's not be feeling quite so OK about it please.

I know the layout of Felingwm Uchaf village fairly well as I did a wildlife project there a few years ago. I can see how this could have been done without too much difficulty and allowing a fair amount of time once they were certain the people were out.

Assuming the owners of the farm have a breeding licence from the council...unless the rules in Wales are different from England, you are never meant to leave the dogs unattended, so they were breaking the rules and asking for trouble.

I agree, sadly, that its unlikely to be wellmeaning people who took the dogs, and I wouldn't be surprised if the day old pups are already dead :mecry: