UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alfie And Ronnie At The Vets

Peachy

Due to me being a completely irresponsible fool, I have had to take Ronnie and Alfie to the vets and they are being kept in for the night on fluids :(

Pixie was prescribed Rimadyl on Monday and she's had four tablets. I went out earlier but left the remaining 10 tablets at the back of the kitchen worktop. I came home to find the container had been chewed and all the tablets had gone. I rang both my new vet and my old vet and, due to location, I have just returned from taking both boys in to my old vets surgery. I know Pixie wouldn't have stolen them and she also wouldn't have taken them from either of the boys. I suspect Alfie took them and ate them but the container was on the bed more frequently used by Ronnie, despite him not being able to jump up to get them. I've had to leave both boys at the vets to have fluids and other drugs to counteract the possible effects of either of them having ten times the daily dose.

Ronnie is an anxious little boy and Alfie is just plain terrified of anything other than the safety of what he knows. I hated leaving them. Coming home to poor lonely Pixie was heartbreaking :mecry: I've got to call at 9am to see how they are and to find out if either or both can come home.

Please think good thoughts for my baby boys :wub:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God how terrible for you....you poor thing. As I'm new here I obviously don't know anything about your lovely boys, but I quite imagine that both dogs are probably asleep by now whilst you're worrying yourself to death.

Everything crossed that they will be allowed home tomorrow morning.

Easy for me to say but please don't beat yourself up too badly, accidents happen don't they, and I'm sure if you could turn the clock back you would.

Take care

Jo

xx

P.S. My rescue bullie is terrified of going to the vets and has unfortunately had more than her fair share of visits and admissions in the 2 years since we've had her. She is totally focused on me and absolutely hates it when I have had to leave her there - although all the vet nurses and vets are lovely. I have always tried to make sure she has a piece of my clothing with her to comfort her. I know it's hard to think of everything in an emergency but perhaps you could sit on a couple of T-shirts (for instance) in your car so you would have them to hand whenever necessary.

Edited by Bronny

One of my dogs at a piece of @*^$*@^ once and I had to phone the vet in the middle of the night and explain that one of my dogs was stoned...

Needless to say, the stuff wasn't mine and I was livid with my guest.

BEST wishes to your leathernoses!!!