Uk Wolf Conservation Trust Visit

Pingu

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k will respond to the first round of emails tomorow

camera wise.

you will be relatively close to the wolves so wont really need anything fancy. Rykat got some really nice shots using a point and click.

If you have a DSLR and want to know what lenses to take I used a 70-200 which gave me coverage of pretty much everything I wanted. This time though I will be taking a 24-105 with me too so I can try to get some closer shots. If you have a fastish 300 that may be worth taking too. TBH if you have anything bigger than a 300 you probably know more about lenses than I do so wont try to tell you waht to bring :)... however some people on the day I went had some very very big and expensive lenses... that did them no use whatsoever as the wolves were too close. They were on average about 20-30 ft from us at most

take loads of cards. OK this wont be a full on photo day but I took about 10 gigs worth of pictures on the photo day...

TOP TIP

bring something to cover your camera with if it rains. I had to use a makeshift cover made out of a bin bag and sellotape which worked OK but if its pissing down (and it will be April) you may want to consider something a bit more substantial as its quite exposed and can be windy. Most P&S and non SLRs should be OK as they are unless its REALLY raining but if you have an expensive camera I would look at making\buying something

clothes wise

bring waterproofs and wellies as it gets a bit muddy. Also the wolves may jump up on you so your clothes may get muddy too. Dont wear dangly stuff as the wolves will nick it. If its cold and wet make sure you have warm clothing, you may want to consider bringing a change of clothing with you just in case.

"Also the wolves may jump up on you so your clothes may get muddy too"

hmm - met Tartan and Lewis the other night with their owner - not seen them for months since they moved - they were pleased to see me!!! Think the wolves will have to go some to keep up with the pawprints on my "going out" clothes!!!!