UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sam

Houndwoman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam had a much better night :biggrin: Still weak and very chesty but this morning he managed a little food which is the first normal food he has had since last Friday. We have been sustaining him with Manuka Honey and water plus Rescue Remedy.

I have to say that Manuka Honey really is a 'super food' as we have used it for so many animals in crisis and it has kept them going and I believe in some instances has actually saved their lives. Bosun is proof of that.

Jan appears to have made an excellent recovery and dear old Bosun (still isolated with his 3 pals) is keeping free of this awful illness though I do not want to tempt fate too much.

:GroupHug: Sorry to hear that Sam has come down with this illness too.

You have had so much heartache and worry with friends human and furry this year :( If I could make one wish for one doggie person this year, its that you dont have to visit your vets again in the next 12 months. :GroupHug:

2008 will be here soon :flowers:

:GroupHug: Sorry to hear that Sam has come down with this illness too.

You have had so much heartache and worry with friends human and furry this year :( If I could make one wish for one doggie person this year, its that you dont have to visit your vets again in the next 12 months. :GroupHug:

2008 will be here soon :flowers:

Thank you Andrea :wub:

We seem to be at the vets all the time. During the last week we have had to see him out of hours 3 times :rolleyes: I told him that if his wife divorces him we will take the blame :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What has also been very sad is that our very good friend Bob who lost both his dear wife and one of his beloved doggies in a matter of 3 weeks had planned to visit the Malverns on Christmas Day where Sheila's (and two of their dear departed doggies) ashes had been scattered and his car broke down and he couldn't do the trip. He was going to come in and visit us down here afterwards. Both his brother and sister are abroad at the moment so he hadn't got anyone around him. We are 60 miles apart and with our sick doggies we couldn't do anything to help. It must have been a very difficult time for him :mecry:

It's awful that Bob has had such a dreadful time of it. Xmas is one of those times when those that have lost need to have people around them isn't it. Thinking of him.

Pleased Sam is holding his own. Sending him tons more healing thoughts and hoping he improves a lot over the next day or so. Very pleased to hear Jan & Bosun are ok. We've had a right year of what seems like endless visits to the vets with our 2 girls. Will be very glad to see the back of 2007.

I've heard of giving honey to ease sore throats, kc etc. Do you use the Manuka honey for poorly chests and similar or do you use for other ailments as well? How much do you give?