UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Told To Put Harry To Sleep

Julie C

Met a woman today with a kcs. Harry barked at it which he tends to do until he can get closer for a sniff and we are trying really hard to get him to stop this annoying behaviour. Anyway she picked up her dog, asked how old Harry was, (11 months) and said it would have been kinder to put him to sleep when tiny as he has grown so ugly and it spoils taking her dog for a walk when there are these ugly mongrels allowed to live and be around these perfect pedigrees. To be honest I just could not answer her. I walked straight past her, came home and cried my eyes out. Life for me at the moment is not good and I didn't need this as well. I have never looked at an animal whatever it is and said it was ugly. How can you call this ugly? :mecry:

gardenharry.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie, don't listen to this ignorant cow. You get the breed snobs who think their problem-ridden over-bred dogs are more important than 'mongrels'. Your love for Harry shines through, that's all that matters. And, for what it's worth, I'd rather have a Harry than a KCS any day :flowers:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Oh my God!!!!

I cannot believe that. What an absolutely revolting person :( . Harry is utterly gorgeous, make no mistake about that :wub: .

I am so sorry that you had to hear such utter trite. Is she all their mentally? I certainly hope you never have the displeasure of running into her again :GroupHug: . Please, please take no notice :GroupHug:

Am gobsmacked, quite frankly.

Please give your gorgeous Harry a squidge from me and here's one from me to you ((((hugs))))

Hx

Next time point out to her that her dog is a "mongrel" too - CKS were cross bred at some stage (ie they had to be bred from other breeds to make the CKS if you get what I mean) :GroupHug:

Stupid bitch, I would have given her a gobful :rolleyes:

Harry is gorjuss :wub:

Edited by madmerle

Harry isnt ugly but the cav owner obviously is. I dont mean ugly on the outside but on the inside. ugly and nasty and bitter and a snob. Next time smile politely and ask her if his heart murmer has developed yet. then tut and say the problems with mass produced 'pedigree breeds' is that they are so often sickly and badly bred. then slowly, with a smile.... stick 2 fingers up at her and walk away :flowers:

:GroupHug: Julie Well Done for not reacting to the silly snobby woman ! she deserved a good punch in the mouth :ninja:

Harry is stunning, but you dont need us to tell you that you only need to look at him :biggrin:

I feel sorry for her poor dog who is obviously a fashon statement ... what a miserable little life the poor thing must have :mecry:

Which park were you in .... I would be tempted to walk my two ugly mongrels around there like this :whistle: :axehead:

I am sorry that you had such a bad encounter :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Some people are just idiots and she seems to be one.

The best to ignore what she said. Maybe she has the need to feel important and these sort of comments make her feel good.

I am a member of a Border Collie forum, where the main thinking is, if you don't have sheep- you shouldn't have a Border Collie. With playing balls and frisbee you turn your dogs into mad dogs and Agility, Obedience etc is not good/ enough for your dog.

People who have BC from Show lines don't have "Border Collies". Thinking about it, quite discriminating, like the remark you had to suffer. Some people are just ignorant, and they seem to be everywhere. Forget it!

Harry is the cutest little thing and you are a wonderful person for giving him a home :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Harry isnt ugly but the cav owner obviously is. I dont mean ugly on the outside but on the inside. ugly and nasty and bitter and a snob. Next time smile politely and ask her if his heart murmer has developed yet. then tut and say the problems with mass produced 'pedigree breeds' is that they are so often sickly and badly bred. then slowly, with a smile.... stick 2 fingers up at her and walk away :flowers:

am with Di on this... :angry:

give your gorgeous boy a snuggle from me :unsure:

I certainly hope you never have the displeasure of running into her again :GroupHug:

Can't say the same for a large truck with failing brakes. Bitch. Thick bitch. That's worse.

Edited to say that Ingrid's signature says it all :evil:

Edited by Peachy