UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Healing Thoughts Needed

kiri_tc

Rang my friend this avfternoon to see if it was ok to go round. He said, his OH is in bed as they had a very eventful night.

someone let a firework off out the back of their house lastnight (its a terraced house and all sounds echo really bad)

well, it scared the sh*t out of their greyhound and he has injured himself. Its gone straight through an artery and he lost 4 pints of blood.

One very expensive vets bill later and lots of stitched and bandages later, they got home about 1.30 am this morning. Doglet hasnt moved out of his bed since :(

my friend (the one in bed) is expecting a baby anyday now aswell, so hoping the scare hasnt shocked her too much.

Off down later to see them all and make sure they are all ok.

Any spare good thoughts will be most welcomed and appreciated.

Thankyou x

:GroupHug: to your friend and the poor hound. He must have been terrified.

I see absolutely no point in fireworks!! They are lethal in the wrong hands. They are a nuisance to livestock, pets, old people, pet owners, A&E departments, rescue centres......but they make money for supermarkets, the government and the firework manufacturers so why stop?! :soapbox:

Rant over (temporarily, no doubt). Sending good thoughts to your friends and the poorly doglet x

:GroupHug: for the poor lad. I think that they should only allow the fireworks to be sold on one specified weekend,then everyone can make arrangements for their animals to be kept safely indoors and looked after. It is reidiculous to be able to sell them for weeks beforehand! :angry: Luckily I have never had a dog that was scared of fireworks but mine dash barking out of the dog flap and up the garden every time they hear one so now I have had to shut the flap. :GroupHug: to any poor animals that are scared. x

Poor young lad and owners, hope all heals well. We go through something very similar each year but luckily my 2 haven't injured themselves. We actually had one go off at 3am the other day with Dyl my BC scrabbling under the bed. As soon as it gets dark he's on the alert, panting and listening, spending most of the time in the toilet panting and dribbling. Why they can't just have a community display for just one night I don't know, we could cope with that.