UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone With Connections In Ireland?

EGAR

Right guys, me again. I am usually c*ap at asking for help and only do so if I really can't cope. Well, now is the time. I do not know whether I am coming or going and I REALLY need your help. Almost none of my runs are portable as I had no idea I would have to leave here again, I was promised I could stay here until I die... I cannot move into a derelict house as I have a 3 1/2 year old child to think of as well, he will always come first with me and I hope you understand that...

When I find a place I need to be able to put up runs etc. And of course that costs money. So the more material I have the better.

All is not lost, I am fighting like hell but when I find a place I need to be able to move fast.

So please help the Bullies and I. My time is running out fast.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just came across this thread sarah :GroupHug:

can we word up an appeal for materials, kennel equip and then get it sent out to companies over here-see if we can get some materials,

what size is the van that comes over to you

Amanda x

Thank you so much, Amanda! I am not very good at judging sizes but Bea's van is quite large and has a sliding door on the side and double doors at the rear. But maybe I could organise something bigger as well.

I am really really stuck :(.

Please go ahead, Nettie, all they can say is no. I am very very grateful for ANY help whatsoever.

Shall get on to it and try others while I'm at it. If they are mega generous, where shall I ask them to ship to? You can pm me that info and I'll get some emails out first thing in the morning.

Thank you to every one offering to send cash donations. I feel as though I am asking for everyone to send everything bar their kitchen sink.

Apart from building materials, Sarah is currently trying to secure placements for some of her dogs in case she doesn’t find a property in time, therefore obviously transport costs have to be found. If she does find a property those dogs who remain with her will also need transporting to her new property.

Money is tight at the best of times for Sarah (as with all rescue’s) without the additional costs incurred with moving.

It really is swings and roundabouts a donation towards a bag of dog food is cash still in Sarah’s pocket she can put towards buying a kennel or towards transport costs etc.

Sarah apologises for not being around much at the moment but she is obviously following up leads on houses for rent. A conversation with a friend of the landlords this morning,- she has 2 weeks.

I'm afraid I'm not a DIY sort of bloke so this may be a daft question but is any sort & size of wood of use & if so could it be transported from East Yorkshire cost effectively? :unsure:

There's a portable buildings co. up the road from me that has two or three skips (as in container sized skips) on site which they regularly fill with wood - off cuts, warped timbers & bit's of plasterboard etc I think

Edited by Ian

I'm afraid I'm not a DIY sort of bloke so this may be a daft question but is any sort & size of wood of use & if so could it be transported from East Yorkshire cost effectively? :unsure:

There's a portable buildings co. up the road from me that has two or three skips (as in container sized skips) on site which they regularly fill with wood - off cuts, warped timbers & bit's of plasterboard etc I think

Being a bit of a diy “gal†. Looking at my dog run which we built ourselves the wooden frame is made up of wood perhaps 2†x 2†the wire is then nailed on to that. Posts are needed between each frame and concreted into the ground, normal size fence post perhaps 4†square. Sheets of sterling board and similar are great for putting inside kennels for added insulation. Off cuts can be “cleated†together to make long lengths for instance for roof joists, 1†x 2†can be nailed together to obviously make lengths of 2â€x 2 â€. smaller pieces of wood are always useful for repairs. We actually took apart old pallets, 1†x 4†and built a kennel.

So the short answer is YES off cuts of wood are always very useful .

Regarding transport we are working on this we have a couple of offers. It’s no problem once its with me getting across the water it’s just collecting in this country is going to be more difficult. I think it’s possible but it wouldn’t be immediate collection therefore if you were able to get anything you would need to be able to store it until something could be arranged.

Alison :flowers: