UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Daisy - Saying Goodbye This Afternoon

chickentikka

The vet nurse rang this morning, Daisy wasn't sick overnight but they are keeping her in on a drip. She won't eat. I can call in and see her this afternoon. She can't come home today. :mecry:

:GroupHug: so sorry, hoping for good news soon :GroupHug:

I use the vetsavers that is sort of connected to the PDSA on grafton Street and have always forund them very good but haven't had to have any major operations or anything done

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope Daisy is feeling better today.

Muriel - if u read the original post Daisy did have baseline blood tests before the op.

Dogs can get MRSA usually it shows as a wound infection after surgery. Most dogs who contract MRSA get it from their owners who carry it, not from the vets. Some dogs carry MRSA, as do some humans where it doesn't cause any problems unless there is a wound or problem with immune system.

http://www.provet.co.uk/Petfacts/healthtips/mrsapets.htm

Edited by alexis

Here you go...

Mr David Schofield

Profession Vet

Membership level Member Qualifications BVSc(Hons) Dip Hom VetMFHom

Address Arnica Referrals

Kenwood Veterinary Surgery

4 Church Street

Long Buckby

Northamptonshire

NN6 7QH

Often they don't eat in the vets but do when they get home, plus of course she needs her energy to get well rather than to process food, animals often don't eat for weeks when ill.

Just reading through the post and MRSA is what came to mind , yes dogs do get it, it's the same as the human version, if caught early enough it can be cured, I would add active Manuka Honey to the list of stuff to get her, it's been proven to be very effective against MRSA, but you must get the active type, if you look on the jar it will give you a rating, I think 20 is the highest, the higher the better. But here's hoping it's not MRSA, and she's home soon :flowers:

Just wanting to come in and send healing thoughts to Daisy. I hate when they have to be left at the vet - I feel I have no control, and can't give the healing that personal touch brings. I don't know what the middle ground here is though.

Truly truly thinking of Daisy and you xxx :wub_anim: She's hanging in there so she's a toughie!!

s I am sure that this is all linked to her original operation.

I would suspect that the problem is the metacam as the symptoms started when she was taking it. She had clear liver results before the op so the drug appears to have damaged her liver- one of it's dangers.

Were you able to get her to eat to give her the metacam as it must be given with food?

A break of seven days is required before using another nsaid, which is what your vet did. However as she was already showing these symptoms they are likely to be from the metacam.

I hope you get some better news tomorrow

Yes there is such a thing there is information on google, but I remember reading about this a while ago now:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bella+mos...lient=firefox-a

If this link doesn't work, just type in bella moss foundation.

I used to have a samoyed years ago, too.

I hope your little one "fights hard" and is soon home with you to lavish loads of tlc upon her!