UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Rileyroo

Has anyone read 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night' by Mark Haddon? It's the most fantastic book - one of the best I've ever read

I read it last year and thought it was an amazing book , very unusual writing style/story that had me gripped but also made me really understand the young lads view of the world

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, always.

Me too :rolleyes:

Has anyone read 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night' by Mark Haddon? It's the most fantastic book - one of the best I've ever read

Yes I thought this was a really good book. I have a friend with autism and it has helped me to communicate with him better :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
My copy of The time travellers wife has arrived, I can't wait to start it :biggrin: (oh and Amanda, if you're reading this I'll send it on to you when I return the others :flowers: )

oh my word :mecry: what a wonderful book :ohmy: I have laughed and I have cried. It's beautifully written, not at all what I had expected. Thankyou to those who recommended it :flowers:

I just finished reading 'Mara and Dann' by Doris Lessing (I bought it a while ago because someone recommended it but hadn't got round to it - when she won the Nobel prize I thought I should read it in celebration!)

Good book, very well told and gripping. Officially it's 'literature' but really it's Scifi. But not hard SF, it's more about emotions and experiences, even though set thousands of years in the future after the advent of a new ice age.

Northern Lights is a lot of fun, not so keen on the later books in the series though.

I read marley and me and throughly enjoyed it.Wasn't bothered about reading walking ollie after that.I'm supposed to be reading northern lights coz i promised my dad.He has been pestering me for ages but i haven't got round to it.I'm browsing a how to garden book.

I loved Marley & Me but was thoroughly disappointed by Walking Ollie. His Dark Materials trilogy:- Northern Lights, Subtle Knife & Amber Spyglass are fantastic. Would totally recommend them.

I am currently reading The Girl in Times Square. A work colleague has leant it to me and its not half bad :)

Does anyone else have about five seven books on the go?

I'm part way through reading:

Bringing Light to Shadow

Going to buy this at crufts next year. :) Its really hard to get hold.

I usually have about three on the go but only seem to have one at the moment. Am half way through 'other end of the leash' at the moment. Still have several 'Your dog' magazines to read :rolleyes: , also have a book called 'Dance for your Daddy' to read. I love the true life stories. Also have bought a new 'doggy' book today called 'Second chance' by Elizabeth Wrenn which I might start tonight. :)

We bought this for my daughter last Christmas. She asked for it. I had no idea it was such a 'deep' book. But then she is quite deep. I will add this to my list of books to read :biggrin: