UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Rileyroo

I love James Patterson but have found his last couple of books disappointingly short. I've just discovered Tami Hoag so am reading my way through her books (via eBay). The earlier ones are a bit pants (too much like Mills and Boon) but the later ones are excellent and long and very involved - bit like JP used to be in the early days.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Herbert, Graham Masterton, Terry Pratchett, James Patterson and probably lots more that I can't think of at the moment.

Recently read the new Harry Potter (of course :biggrin: ), the last book of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (which was good), and now Forever Odd (again Dean Koontz).

Edited to say : I've read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, it was brilliant, though it may have made me a bit tearful.

Edited by Dizzycharm

I adore Barbara Erskine, she is brilliant and really makes her books come alive. Her first book I read a few years ago (Lady of Hay) and couldn't put it down!

I also love Harlan Coben, Karin Slaughter, Mary Higgins Clarke, Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, Nicholas Evans, Phil Rickman, Maeve Binchy, Patricia Cornwell, Jillianne Hoffman, James Patterson and Jenny Pitman (to name one or two :rolleyes: )

I'm reading one of Ian Rankins books at the moment (can't remember the title), but its about an ex-SAS whose journalist brother has been murdered but made to look like a suicide. Only on the first few chapters, but its very good.

Disappointing, especially after Marley & Me, that had a great story was very funny and you really felt his love for the dog. Don't know which book was written first, but WO just seems a bit like trying to make money of the succes of M&M with a not very well written book... Think a lot of people here have faaaaaar better/more interesting stories than that to tell. And didn't feel he did a whole lot of good for the common perception of rescue dogs either. Hope you are looking forward to reading it now. :laugh:

I've read Walking Ollie and was disappointed with it too :unsure: . I really enjoyed Marley and Me :biggrin:

I'm reading Tetrarch by Ian Irvine. It's the 2nd book in a series. I love his books.

In a Good Light by Clare Chambers is a good read. I've just bought another of hers. Will be interesting to see how good that is. I normally read a lot. I've really missed books the last few years. Only get to sneak the odd one in.

Just finished Phil Rickman's Fabric of Sin, my friend Rosemary gets a mention in it due to her M R James website. Very much enjoyed it.

Just starting Tales of Chinatown by Sax Rohmer amd then Quentin S Crisp Morbid Tales.

I like Saki especially the Clovis tales, but I find some of his writing quite cruel at times, did he write Shredni Vashtar?

I read a book on my hols called 'Walking Ollie' by Stephen Foster which was his account of his love/hate relationship with his dog a Saluki/greyhound cross. It was hilarious, although it did nothing to boost my confidence about letting my groo off the lead.

I'm sure lost of dog owners could relate!

Marie