UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If This Was A Dog Breeder............

Trallwm farm

Would you be surprised and would you home to them.

They have 3 brood mares and 6 foals

[email protected]

Subject: Rudeness !!!

I have just spoken to whom I believe must be the proprietor of Trallwm

Farm Sanctuary and whom I believe will be reading this e-mail !!

I am disgusted at the rudeness of a person who put the phone down on

me because you PRESUMED I am a breeder and dealer because I own

broodmares !!

Yes we have foals born but our animals are LOVINGLY looked after,

handled with love and shown for years before selling them on ! We do

NOT breed them to make money !!!! Our 3 broodmares only have a foal

every 3 years as well !!!!!!!!! We dont let them have foals every year

as I dont agree with it ! If you came to see our horses you would

change yr mind ALL are happy, healthy with acres of good grass !!

I thought I would be helping your sanctuary by wanting to take a loan

pony for my daughter !!! as it would be coming to a loving

knowledgeable home with people that care probably more about the horses

than themselves !!!!!!!!

I spend almost all of my hard earned money on our horses If I was a

breeder AND a dealer as I was accused of i wudnt be driving around in a

battered old 4x4 !!!

You really should not judge people like that and put the phone down on

them I was stunned to say the least

Yours stunned, upset and to be honest completely disgusted !!

(SUPPOSED breeder and dealer)

Edited by Trallwm farm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we have foals born but our animals are LOVINGLY looked after,

handled with love and shown for years before selling them on !

:mellow:

Ahhhhh...they are those type of well loved pets...the ones you thro out when they have fullfilled their purpose/ no longer good for showing/ good at showing and at maximum value for sale or you simply got bored of them.

:rolleyes:

I'm afraid I have to show my ignorance of the horse world here.

Are horses being over bred and ending up in rescue in the same way that dogs are? Most of the horses I see advertised around here are being sold for upwards of £1,000, which sort of implies to me that there is a healthy market for them and they aren't surplus to supply or being given away for next to nothing.

On the other hand, I know numbers of horses and ponies do end up in rescue - I just wonder why are some worth a lot of money and others seem to have no value? Is it different types of horses/ponies, or is it that the old or 'difficult' ones end up unwanted?

As far as breeding is concerned IF there is a healthy market for the horses being bred and enough good homes to go round then I'm not sure I see a problem with someone breeding, provided their horses are well cared for and homes are vetted. If horses are being bred in unrealistic numbers and are likely to end up unwanted then of course that is a different matter.

I'm afraid I have to show my ignorance of the horse world here.

Are horses being over bred and ending up in rescue in the same way that dogs are? Most of the horses I see advertised around here are being sold for upwards of £1,000, which sort of implies to me that there is a healthy market for them and they aren't surplus to supply or being given away for next to nothing.

On the other hand, I know numbers of horses and ponies do end up in rescue - I just wonder why are some worth a lot of money and others seem to have no value? Is it different types of horses/ponies, or is it that the old or 'difficult' ones end up unwanted?

As far as breeding is concerned IF there is a healthy market for the horses being bred and enough good homes to go round then I'm not sure I see a problem with someone breeding, provided their horses are well cared for and homes are vetted. If horses are being bred in unrealistic numbers and are likely to end up unwanted then of course that is a different matter.

Fee...Trallwm Farm IS a horse sanctuary and for very good reason. Have a look at some of the starved animals that we have fought to keep alive. The market is flooded with animals from indescriminate breeders.

Like all breeders she will think hers will never end up in rescue. We have Royal Welsh winners,ponies that have represented thier country......meat animals...............ex hunters with knackered legs....................Miniature shetlands that people keep and breed in rediculous circumstances..........The list is endless

You just have to take a visit to the auctions and see the awful fate of some of these horses who have been bred by 'people who care more about the horses than themselves'!

Horses are thrown away like rubbish and once loved animals are cast aside and replaced when they have no further use. :mecry: Kane will be with me until the day he dies, come hell or high water.

I can understand breeding a horse from your own mare for your own use, my friend is considering doing this herself because unfortunately her mare is being retired young but is such a lovely kind girl she would like a foal off her. The foal will have a home forever with her and will never be sold under any circumstances. It's not something I personally would do but I understand why she is. If I'd of known more about the plight of horses when I was looking for Kane I wouldn't of bought him. (Mean Lesley keeps getting SO many fantastic horses looking for homes I wouldn't of had a problem finding one!!) :wink:

Same kind of poor animals that I help look after every day then :rolleyes:

I think I get where you're coming from Lesley, but you catch more flies with honey and all that! Maybe if you got some of these people involved a bit more on the rescue side of things, they would see things differently?

As a side note, I also find it rediculous when rescues won't home NEUTERED dogs to homes with entire animals. Sends a lot of potential adopters down the breeder route instead, or the free ads where there is no help or back up.