UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is This Acceptable?

Diesel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who suffer adverse treatment aren't automatically hating of all humans and I doubt dogs are either. His personality (the loving side) is still there and is allowed to be shown, maybe he was like that originally and then became withdrawn, but knows with different people to keep trying...and with you he's found the golden pot.

If that makes sense...I guess it's because we all react to things in different ways...and I've been reading too many psych books...but I know what I mean...

...and yes, people can turn a blind eye to a lot of things...

...and yes tied up dogs do look scary, partially because if I was tied up I'd be pi$$ed and would probably snap... (keep the minds out of the gutter please....)

;-)

It would be bad enough if he had little or no human interaction. Then they could possibly try the excuse "I didn't notice". He shows all the signs of having lots of human company though so how could they possibly not see. This poor man has been in a lot of pain. I know prey animals can be good at not showing how much pain they are in. They have to have seen the wounds and sores though.

Big hugs Murphy :GroupHug:

I've been astonished over and over again by dogs who have been subjected to the most horrible treatment, but who still come through with kind, gentle natures and a huge love of people. It's very humbling, really.

No, of course it's not 'acceptable' - but sadly it's probably not uncommon, either :(

Sadly the media is not interested in showing 'the other side' of these and other wonderful breeds that get slagged off in the media for being dangerous etc.

My heart goes out to Murphy and thanks to you all for being there for him :flowers: :flowers:

Cindy

(one day I will have a rottie too :rolleyes: )

• 1 month later...

Murphy update :biggrin:

thanks for all your hugs and well wishes, Murphy has come on leaps and bounds and has now been officially discharged from the Vets :biggrin: :biggrin:

his loving personality has continued to shine throughout his care and he really is a dog in a million :wub: :wub:

here he is all handsome after his bath,

013-2.jpg

now all he needs is that extra special home :wub: :wub:

:angry: personally I find it disgraceful but I am not surprised in the slightest. People find it much more acceptable for rotts to be treated like that than any other dog. It seems that by Joe Public rotts are regarded as "tough" and guard dogs and not needing the "nice comforts" that other dogs are given. I have lost count of the number of rotts that have come to me in conditions like that but have gone on to be lovely family dogs and not bearing any grudges. It makes me so angry that I could shoot the people who do this! :angry: I am so glad that he has a loving environment to recover in. :flowers: Well done to all concerned x