UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Old Collie In Pembs

owl

The man who originally contacted Trallwm Farm has been great, and has offered to take Rupert to wherever he can find a place to be. He can't take him personally, has hands full with own dog and having met said dog I agree with him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell I was wondering how you were getting on. Why do people do this. I'm sorry I can't offer any proper help. Hope he gets an offer soon. :GroupHug:

All I can do is offer to arrange a transport run if needed at any time.

Edited by Jacobean

I am pleased to say we have a foster home for Rupert from Monday :biggrin: with a friend not far away who has a smallholding. He will have a bed in the stable and the run of a secure yard. She can't take him sooner than Monday as yard is being concreted, but kennels lady is fine with that.

Thanks to kennels lady, we understand a bit more about the lead problem. He has some sensitive areas which indicate arthritis in the neck, perhaps from an old injury, He has a number of tender places as well as the old leg injury. He is getting better about the lead provided treats are involved. Now that he has settled down in kennels, he is very good with other dogs.

Because of the old injuries, we feel he should not be homed with any children too young to understand that he has to be handled with care and may not appreciate sudden enthusiastic hugging.

Edited by owl

I will be PMing all individuals who have offered later on today. It's not going to be as much as I had feared. Vet bills are minimal and kennels did me a special offer, which is nice as they have made a real effort to understand and assess this boy.

We have found out how old Rupert really is! Everyone was saying 11, but we have now found someone who knew him as a pup, and had a pup a bit younger who went over the Bridge a couple of years ago aged 13 1/2.

Rupert is around 15 or 16, bless him.

We have found out how old Rupert really is! Everyone was saying 11, but we have now found someone who knew him as a pup, and had a pup a bit younger who went over the Bridge a couple of years ago aged 13 1/2.

Rupert is around 15 or 16, bless him.

As long as HE doesnt know it will be fine :flowers:

Glad you appreciate the old codger :biggrin:

I've just PMd the people who offered to help with fees etc.

If I have missed anyone, my apologies and please PM me or post on this thread.

Collecting the lad today.