UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nellie Is About To Give Birth

Brunzara

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Julie :mecry:

Unfortunately i lost the cream dog in the early hours of this morning. I had to make sure he took his food much slower than the others from the start, so I suspect it was not connected to him being hand reared. The other four are doing really well but frustrate me by suddenly deciding that they don't need a feed from time to time. I can cope with such waywardness in the daytime but find their attitude a little thoughtless in the small hours of the night! I have tried to explain that I would prefer not to get up every couple of hours each night but we seem to have a communication problem!

Nelly is now back with Keisha and is more than happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sad news, unfortunately all Nellies puppies have passed away. They had severe development problems and it is thought that they had Steroid damage, which was probably given to Nellie in the week that she spent at the vets before coming into the pound, where she was treated for hypothermia. At that time she would have only been about 2 weeks pregnant so nobody was to have known any different. Certainly not the vets fault, unfortunately just one of those things.

The only person to blame in all this is Nellies previous so called owner :angry:

Thanks to Julie for everything she has done for Nellie and her puppies :flowers: