UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White And Ginger Male Cat (neutered)- Updated: Back Home!

KathyM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the only thing I can think of :wacko: What's odd is the time he's been gone though - he must've got trapped a while after going missing, as our old cat Fiver was trapped for 3 weeks and nearly died, and he was a cat that was used to fending for himself if necessary. This is utterly mad! I'm in shock. Anyway, I have to get back to him, but I wanted to say a huuuuuge thankyou to everyone who supported us through this. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thank you all so much!! :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

He has perked up a bit since he came home. He's incredibly thin and pale, and I suspect he's been quite dehydrated. His miaow is very quiet and dry, but it picked up through the night when he was wandering round mooing for more food. :rolleyes: His back legs are quite wibbly (they're lanky and skinny) but he managed to jump on the bed this morning for a love. No obvious injuries, but his nails are quite worn down. Normally alarm bells would ring for RTA with that, but there's no other signs and I imagine he's been trapped somewhere and trying to claw his way out. :(

The other two seem completely bewildered, but Grace hasn't left his side since he got back!

This thread can be locked now and I'll give updates on RMF or in the CAOA bit. Thanks again, all of you! :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Oh hang on, it;s in Reunited LOL - doesn't need locking!

So glad the boy is home, and that his Mum never really gave up hope even if she typed it her heart said other things.

Now he just needs a good once over and lots of spoiling and a bat from the girls and all will be fine

Thank you all so much!! :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

He has perked up a bit since he came home. He's incredibly thin and pale, and I suspect he's been quite dehydrated. His miaow is very quiet and dry, but it picked up through the night when he was wandering round mooing for more food. :rolleyes: His back legs are quite wibbly (they're lanky and skinny) but he managed to jump on the bed this morning for a love. No obvious injuries, but his nails are quite worn down. Normally alarm bells would ring for RTA with that, but there's no other signs and I imagine he's been trapped somewhere and trying to claw his way out. :(

When my Dylan came home after 7 weeks, Kathy, he had lost a third of his body weight, apparently, and he probably did hunt, so goodness knows what your Dodge must be like, poor little thing. Just keep an eye on him for a few days (as if you wouldn't - what am I saying??:rolleyes: ) - Dylan had a couple of odd episodes in the first week home; he'd fall over on to his side and lie there, dazed...but the vet checked him again and couldn't find anything wrong. He's been fine since, but it was scary at the time. I assume it was just his poor body getting used to food again.

Give him a big cuddle from me. Believe me, I know how you feel. :biggrin:

Liz.

Thank you all so much :GroupHug:

Liz - you've got it spot on there, I don't think anyone *really* gives up hoping, even if they believe they're unrealistic in doing so (as I did). I had a strong feeling we wouldn't find him when we were out looking and in that respect I suppose we were right, because he found *us* :rolleyes: I love him so much I very much still hoped he would come back (although I didn't *expect* it).

Other Liz (lol) - he really is very very thin, but not ill with it thank God. He is a bit wobbly on his back end, but he managede to jump up into bed for a snuggle. He's doing a fair bit better this evening too, his full "moo" has come back. :wub:

It's been all go here!

Edited by KathyM