UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White And Ginger Male Cat (neutered)- Updated: Back Home!

KathyM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up this morning to miaowing coming in through our bedroom window. Turned out to be Errol sat on my son's bedroom windowsill (his window was open and is right next to our room, so was just sound travelling). :(

Going to try the council again in a minute.

Thanks Ann :flowers:

Had an *interesting* conversation with the receptionist at one of the local vets. She said there's not much they can do to help us if he gets taken in and registered. She said they'll keep a photo at reception but she's not sure if she's even allowed to let me know if someone comes in with him claiming him as theirs, as Dodge isn't microchipped. :unsure:

I'm hoping she'll have enough sense to at least pass on *our* details to them, even if they're not allowed to do it the other way round.

The head vet at our vets on the other hand has said he'll contact us should anyone bring them in as theirs.

If anyone can clarify the legal situation that would be marvellous. :flowers:

Thanks SB :flowers:

I've had a very different story from the CPL helpline who say the vets should be able to contact me and pass on details of anyone registering Dodge as theirs. Got to say they were less than sympathetic about it, gave me a long lecture on how if he was microchipped we wouldn't be in this boat etc etc. Well I beg to differ - noone local's had a cat in matching his description, so he wouldn't be back now if he was chipped would he? Pointed this out to them and just got an earful about how he'd be home now if he was chipped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a big believer in chipping, but there's no point lecturing someone after the fact is there, especially when there's sod all they can do about it now, and it wouldn't have worked in this case anyway.

On the plus side, adoption forms, photos, etc can back up he's our cat.

What makes a nonsence of this with cats, if you start to feed one and it needs vet treatment, it is your responsibility. Many times in the past when I used to work for the RSPCA people would want us to pay for the vet treatment saying it wasn't their cat but one a stray that they feed. I was told by the Chief Inspector to tell them that if they have started to feed the cat then it is now theirs and is their responsibility to pay for all vet bills. :flowers: