UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White And Ginger Male Cat (neutered)- Updated: Back Home!

KathyM

Hi you lot

3 days ago, Dodge shot out of the door when he was spooked by someone coming to the door. He is very frightened of new people, and generally shoots up the stairs, but this time for some reason he shot out of the door. :unsure:

Dodge has always been an indoor cat. For the first three years of his life, he was kept in a box room with two other cats, he is not streetwise to outside in any way.

He has however been out once before, but came back (this was at the old house which is luckily only 2 doors away).However, this time noone's seen him, heard him, or anything. He is neutered, but not microchipped or wearing a collar.

I'm going to poster the area tomorrow - have rung the vets etc. Have also listed him here: Dodge's ad.

We've been out looking for him, noone's seen him, we've had no signs of him whatsoever - no miaowing to come in, etc. I imagine he's very afraid, probably wouldn't let anyone (including us) approach him.

Does anyone know where else I can post his details up? I'm worried sick - tried not to be over the last couple of days and tell myself he'll come back but I'm beginning to have serious doubts. I know if he were an outdoor cat, three days is nothing, but this is Dodge.

Anyhoo, if anyone local is reading, heres some info:

Dodge

Breed: Large moggie, with a large hint of Siamese.

Colour: White and ginger.

Sex: Male, neutered.

Collar/Microchip: No.

Other features: Dodge is a big boy - not fat, tall and muscley, with a bit of a tummy flap due to age *lol*. He weighs approximately 6.5-7kg. He has a curl in the end of his tail, not always very obious, but he does tend to carry it like a Dodgem pole (hence his name).

dodge6thjuly2005-1.jpg

120206dodge1.jpg

pics_189.jpg

Posted this in CAOA too.

Edited by snow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep this thread updated, this is where we're at:

• Posters put up in local shops
  • Three sightings of him - 2 were 2 streets away, one was at the beck which runs down the back of our house towards the area where he was seen the other two times.
  • Flyers handed out and posted through doors in area of sightings - door to door knocking too, not a lot of response.
  • Latest sighting was at 8.30am on 21st February (yesterday) - confirmed with his picture being shown.
  • Food left down each night - last two nights has been half eaten (probably not by Dodge).
  • Two potential houses where he may be being fed/kept. One is a house already flyered. Other we're checking out today.
  • Went out again last night when dark and quiet - no signs sadly.

LMAO - hey well, if anyone has info on scenting for cats, let me know.

I've been told that he'll be able to pick up on my scent just from walking around (not sure if that means the person who advised me that thinks I'm a stinky minger :unsure: :biggrin: ).

Apparently I've got to be careful to walk in a circle-ish shape, and if I have to go out and come back the same way, I'm not to call until I'm on my way back, so as not to draw him further from home.

TBH though after reading into the psychology of missing indoor cats, we may have to resort to using a trap. Not sure how doable this is though. :unsure:

Worth a try, and I would go for the old sock trick as well. Tuck an unwashed sock from your household somewhere he has been sighted and see if he stays around there. I don't know if cats connect to owner's body scent in the same way as dogs, but they do love dirty laundry to snuggle in.

Kathy, I am about to PM you, have an idea.

We've had to postpone our hunt this afternoon to this evening. It's been peeing it down here and we've had some workmen up the road, so I don't think it would've been very productive anyway. The rain's dying off now, so I'm hoping to go out again when it gets dark again. I'll take more flyers with me.

Thanks for all your help and advice - Baz says he's not averse to the idea of whopping it out and scentmarking for you *pmsl* - typical bloke.

Kathy if you're feeling low and tired then the best thing you can do is take a break, sleep, eat and get refuelled of energy. :flowers: You need strength to keep going on a search and if you burn yourself out you can't do it.

Get yourself a plan of action, a power nap and then you'll be ready to go find him. If the posters were removed stick another two up in the place of each of them. Don't forget to call all the local vets again, just in case he's been reported found recently. :flowers: