UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White And Ginger Male Cat (neutered)- Updated: Back Home!

KathyM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, have had a conversation with the police about him. They don't do a missing/found register for cats - interestingly they do cover lost and found sheep, pigs, goats, etc. :rolleyes:

The very sympathetic PC basically advised me that we have little or no legal basis for getting him back. He advised if we find out who has him, to tell them he's our cat and we want him back. Then we basically have to rely on them being worried enough to hand him back. Otherwise he says it's a legal minefield and we'll have to seek legal advice (something that isn't an option for us). The police would not get involved in our case if we were to find he'd been taken in.

Me too Kazz :(

I think we're having to start thinking about how he might not be coming home now. I am not for one minute saying we will stop looking, but that we have to start coming to terms with things (and if he comes home it will be a wonderful surprise). This is in practice very hard to do though! I know some people have been really trying to keep morale up by saying they know of cats who have come home after years, but to be honest it's becoming increasingly hard to hear, especially when up until this last few days I've not been facing up to the idea that he might not be coming home at all.

I would do anything, anything at all, to have him home now. I would also do anything to hear any news of him, no matter how bad. This not knowing is running us into the ground. All I can think of is him being out there alone. As much as the thought of it infuriates me, he has to be being fed by someone *if* he is still alive. I don't believe that he will have been hiding for 3 weeks - his belly dictates most of his actions and I believe he would've overcome his fears by now.

Thanks very much :GroupHug:

A volunteer at HCR (where we got Dodge) has emailed saying there's been a report of a found ginger cat. It's unlikely to be him, as it's a fair way away (Gilstead in Bingley) and there's no mention of white, but here's me with me hopes up again *lol*.

And here we go with another spate of hoax calls from bored children. Just what I fecking need tonight. I give up. I well and truly give up. We're not going to find him, and this campaign of trying is only serving as entertainment, not in getting Dodge home. This is it, this is where we stop. :mecry:

I hope whoever out there has effectively stolen our very much loved cat finds this hilarious. I hope they can sleep at night. Because we can't, but that'll be a laugh for them too.

Time to call an end to this now. :mecry:

Please ignore my rant, had to let it out. The hoax caller has been identified and I know where he lives, so his Mum's getting a visit tomorrow.

The found cat definitely isn't Dodge. But I think we saw that coming really. I very nearly emailed back and said paint him a bit white and bring him anyway. :rolleyes: That's denial for you.

New day tomorrow, sorry for exploding. Stress overload. :GroupHug: