UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Think Of Poppy

Wendbert

Poppy is going to the vets tomorrow to have some of the fluid drained :unsure: Her heart isn't coping even with the medication and the diuretics aren't flushing the fluid out of her body, so despite having her meds increased, we're hoping that the drain will get some of the fluid out so she will at least be more comfortable.

Pops had blood tests yesterday to check the protein levels as there was a concern that if there was too much protein in the fluid then her body would need that protein, but fortunately the blood tests came back ok.

So, at 2pm tomorrow Pops will be going to the vets. Alison has said she will do the drain concious as for one thing, with her heart problems she wants to avoid GA but also so that if Pops gets too uncomfortable, she can stop.

In all reality, its likely that the fluid will fill up again, but the plan is to do the drain and increase the diuretics and hope that the fluid will not come back straight away to give the increased diuretics time to work.

Please wish Poppy well. She's my little angel and I know that no dog deserves to go through this, she really doesn't deserve it after the first 7 year of her life being spent as a puppy making machine. She is such an undemanding little girl and seeing her so uncomfortable breaks my heart :mecry: :mecry:

Normal Poppy :wub: :wub:

Downs6.jpg

Swollen Poppy :(

Portlypoppy.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic