UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Think Of Poppy

Wendbert

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're back :)

Poppy was apparently very brave and just lay there while Alison drained the fluid. She got about 1.5 litres out in 45 minutes but Alison said Pops started fidgeting and the needle came out, so decided not to try again in case she was uncomfortable. Alison said that she's pleased with how it went altough Poppy doesn't really look any different, but I'm to increase her diuretics from now on and we're back to see Alison next Friday.

Pops was very pleased to see me when I went back for her, although she'd wet herself in her kennel, bless her. To be honest, I feel a bit disappointed that there's not much difference in Poppy as I was hoping that the drain would have made Pops more comfortable, but fingers crossed the tablets might work better now.

Thank you so much for all the good wishes, I really appreciate all the messages, PM's, texts etc :flowers: :flowers:

Well done Poppy :wub: . You are so good. She loves her Mum doesn't she :wink:

Amazing that they can take 1.5 litres out :ohmy: and you can see know difference. I'd feel a bit flat about that too I think. However, maybe things will settle down the next day or two and you'll see a change. That would be fab.

Loads of :GroupHug: 's to two special ladies

I can understand you feeling a bit disappointed that you can't really see a difference but 1.5 litres is a lot of fluid and it must have come from somewhere so I'd hope Poppy is feeling more comfortable. Hopefully having the fluid drained will give the diuretics a bit of a helping hand in reducing her fluid retention further.

I'm glad Pops is home and ok.Draining that amount will have made a difference even if you can't see it,less space taken up by fluid,less pressure inside her,less volume for her heart to pump around,less weight for her to carry etc :flowers: It will have been well worth it honestly missus.