UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Odd Couple Photos

Tzumit

This is our couple at the moment. The Greyhound is Ollie, she was 8 years old when we adopted her, the oldest in the kennels and being passed by because of this (jumps around like a 2 year-old Gazelle). She is 11 now and an adorable girl, trust was an issue when we first got her but its amazing what a bit of perseverance and talking to dogs can do. She was first sold in Ireland for £6,500 so there was obviously great expectations for her, but to see her now you would wonder why as half the time she forgets which way is forward and which is back (nutcase!). The other oldie is our lovely Staffie, Cash, who we adopted from the Oldies Club in November 2006 he is a minimum of 15 years old. His advert asked if anyone could look after him for his last few months – we fell in love with him from his story and the picture. When we first met him he was sat in the middle of the floor on his haunches due the fact that he had a plate in one leg and muscle wastage in the other. Poor little scrap – his owners had asked for him to be PTS, but the RSPCA Inspector who called on them saw him wagging his tail and thought she could save him from that fate – so he was fostered until a permanent home could be found. Since he has been here he has gone from strength to strength and got so much better, he is now walking on all fours and standing up when he eats his dinner – he runs us ragged with his demands and hardly sleeps during the day at all. It is an absolute pleasure to have this little doggie around and he has done wonders for Ollie’s appetite, in that she dare not leave her dinner anymore in case a little someone comes and scoffs the lot! Never let it be said that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, let me assure you they have plenty of their own up their proverbial sleeve to keep you on your toes plus they are just so happy to be around people that care it’s an easy job – well so far anyway. Please excuse the yellow teeth in his photo he is an old, old boy and it comes to us all one day :biggrin:

MINEHEAD710FEB06.jpg

Pentax1stbase103.jpg

Pentax1stbase121.jpg

Cash!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I remember him well :biggrin: . Thought seriously about having him to stay here at one point, but he likes his cats too much and I was spending too much time abroad visiting the husband. I'd heard he'd got a fab new home. I'm so thrilled he found you. He's an absolute star, mindst you, so are you for taking him in too :flowers: .

And Ollie is also gorgeous :wub:

What a wonderful thread :cool: