UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bo

Houndwoman

Today at 2.05pm our beloved old Rough Collie had to be helped on his way to the Bridge :mecry:

Bo was 17 years old which I know is a fantastic age for a Rough Collie but it makes little difference to how we feel at the moment :mecry:

His legs had been going for a while and he was becoming more incontinent as time went by. We had to get him up as he couldn't do it himself although once he was up he could get around.

This morning everything seemed to fail. He couldn't stand at all, was very confused and his bladder was completely out of control.

For one who was once such a very proud, dignified dog he appeared to have lost it all and it would have been wrong to let him fail any further.

Our vet came to the house to put him to rest so at least he was in familiar surroundings on his own bed and he went very quietly.

We are going to miss the old boy so much.

Run free precious boy :wub: :wub: :wub:

I just cannot believe the luck or rather lack of it that we are having at the moment

Iam so sorry to hear this Sheila. I know that Bo lived to a grand old age but it doesn't help to ease the pain right now. He had a wonderful life and he was such a proud old boy. He had a dignified and peaceful passing and Iam thinking of you and Mike at this sad time. :GroupHug: