UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Despair

Brunzara

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go back and get rid, don't worry. Frankly though, there's a lot of people sitting here trying to help the situation and seeing threads like this where its not made public (understandably) what's been done, and people are only trying to help. I didnt post her up on the Free Ads, I posted about her on an amnesty thread and on a welfare board of a wellknown bullmastiff site, if they know about her already, no harm done, if they didnt it could've helped. I understand where youre coming from, but if we're not allowed to crosspost without permission, its probably best to let people know before they try and help. :flowers:

I'll go back and get rid, don't worry. Frankly though, there's a lot of people sitting here trying to help the situation and seeing threads like this where its not made public (understandably) what's been done, and people are only trying to help. I didnt post her up on the Free Ads, I posted about her on an amnesty thread and on a welfare board of a wellknown bullmastiff site, if they know about her already, no harm done, if they didnt it could've helped. I understand where youre coming from, but if we're not allowed to crosspost without permission, its probably best to let people know before they try and help. :flowers:

Sorry, I don't want this to take over the thread. We have posted before on the poundies asking people not to cross-post without permission.

The cross-posting has already had an affect. I contacted the forum host a few days ago and told them I would also be contacting our regular Bullmastiff rescue. They did not reply but our regular BM rescue did and said they would see what they could do. Since your post on the forum, the forum host contacted our regular rescue and he told them that he had already said he would try to help. Hence it might make it look to our regular rescue that we ignored his offer and were asking other people despite what he had said.

Had you asked us if it was ok to cross-post then I would have probably said yes please but to wait until we know whether or not this other BM rescue can definitely take in Wanda. Thus avoiding any confusion or crossed-wires or offense.

Sorry, I don't want this to take over the thread.

OK, I get it, and won't reply on the thread. I've read the rest of the message too, but won't post my opinion. Will leave this thread for those in a position to help.

Edited to add: Have reread the poundies thread and haven't found any warning not to crosspost. Maybe in future, it could be on each thread? Maybe I should've posted this in Contro to avoid this thread, but Im not bitching. I was only trying to help.

Edited by KathyM

Hi

Newbie to the site so I won't be offended if my suggestions are useless.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to e-mail a couple of regional news programmes to get the other side of recent events across to the public. Seeing the pound dogs live on a programme may be a little more real to viewers than just reading about it in a newspaper (and it might also raise some awareness for the work of RDR in general :wink: )

Don't worry I haven't e-mailed the programmes but here are the newsdesk addys for someone (with the rescues permission) to try:

BBC Northwest Tonight - [email protected]

Granada Reports - [email protected]

and just in case it hasn't already been suggested

Lancashire Evening Post - [email protected]

Samantha

Are the public aware of whats happening to these dogs? I've spoken to loads of people that don't even know that these breed of dogs are just been throw out of their homes. It seems like the only people that know are the ones that are either involved in rescue or are part of a forum like The Refuge. The newspaper have a lot to answer to for their reports on dog attacks :angry: :angry:

Coryn... can you go to the papers? Start showing what this crap is doing to dogs? I know it won't help in the short term but in the long term, it might, it just might.

National Dailes are the ones to go for, get it out there.

You're right we do all need to do something. We now have the proof of what we have been trying to say to various authority figures. :angry:

Perhaps this post could be used on the BSL letters/emails going out.

Coryn...this is a terrible situation, and you must be feeling so awful. The only thought I can suggest you can cling to is this....YOU know the dogs will be pts...but THEY dont. Yes, dogs can anticipate something that happens regularly in their lives like their meals and their walks, but they cant look ahead to their own death in the way that we can, which is a good thing if you think about it. If that PBT girl has only until Tuesday, then if her life until then is made as marvellous for her as someone has time for, toys, games, treats and lots of fuss, and she is taken to the vet (or do they come?) with no tears, no rough handling, then it wont mean anything else to her than any other injection.With the best will in the world, you cant save them all and you'll end up having a breakdown if you try. :GroupHug:

This made me well up- it's so sad but it is true, they do not know. :mecry:

My heart goes out to you Coryn, I sit here, like others upset because we cannot help, but we only see your words. You see these babies - I cannot inagine what it must be like for you.

For what it's worth - in my eyes - you are a heroine. :flowers:

Ok listen, no offence to anyone at all but it's always safe to assume you can't crosspost anything anywhere without the permission of the OP.

Samantha, well done with the newsdesk info, could you pop over the the BSl forum and add the details there too please? :flowers:

Sorry for the interruption, back on topic please :)

Ok listen, no offence to anyone at all but it's always safe to assume you can't crosspost anything anywhere without the permission of the OP.

Well I'll certainly take that into account in future, but its understandable that confusion arises when you're asked to crosspost all week then get told you should "assume" you're not allowed to in related but separate situations.

I'm saying this once more, and then I'll shut up. I apologise for crossposting without permission. I thought I was helping and wasnt aware we werent allowed to.

Best of luck with the poundies, I'm sorry I cant do anything to help and I'm sure everyone agrees that its heartbreaking being so useless. :mecry:

<Disclaimer> Very sorry for posting again on this thread, I'm off it now.

We'll give you the rescues' contact details Carole :biggrin: She'll be going to the South Staffordshire area.

:flowers: will it be sat or sun? I fink I may have to drive her even though got no petrol money left :rolleyes:

does that pound that she is in welcome or not welcome the public visiting dogs? sorry to be a right mithering pain :mellow: