UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Despair

Brunzara

pound kennels are either situated within boarding kennels so usually meet the basic standard requirements of a boarding kennels ie clean, disinfected properly with suitable anti virulent disinfectants designed specially for animals or be coucil owned. The kennels owner can apply for a licence from the council to receive strays and keep them for the required 7 days before sending them off to rescue or in worst case scenario... pts.

The holding kennels as used by the police for the pit bull types could be coucil owned pounds, private boarding kennels, animal rescue centres, basically where ever the police choose to house them. Its impossible to say that pound kennels are great and police holding kennels arnt as technically they could be one and the same.

Thank you for the explanation, I understand now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the blue this morning I received a call from one of the wonderful rescues that we work with offering spaces for 3 of our Staffie Crosses :biggrin:

You cannot imagine how happy I am today :laugh:

What wonderful news - so pleased :partytime:

Great news for you and the dogs :biggrin: am i able to foster with one child under 5,as i know i cant rehome with a child under 5?i would dearly love to help but find i'm coming up against brick walls.Even with my local rescues i have problems.i do already have a jumpy young dog and my children are fine with it. like i say,i would truly love to help with this terrible situation of poor dogs needing homes.

Great news for you and the dogs :biggrin: am i able to foster with one child under 5,as i know i cant rehome with a child under 5?i would dearly love to help but find i'm coming up against brick walls.Even with my local rescues i have problems.i do already have a jumpy young dog and my children are fine with it. like i say,i would truly love to help with this terrible situation of poor dogs needing homes.

I am sorry..............we RDR mainly deal with poundies who have been picked up as strays and we know nothing about them in a home environment, around children, other dogs etc. It would be very irresponsible of us to place one of these dogs in a foster home with young children................again I am sorry, I know you desperately want to help :(