UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Despair

Brunzara

Coryn... can you go to the papers? Start showing what this crap is doing to dogs? I know it won't help in the short term but in the long term, it might, it just might.

I was thinking that too. As Dee said it might not help these poor dogs but maybe it would have an effect somewhere along the line :unsure:

I also wondered if maybe we could have permission to use the photos of these dogs when we're sending out letters re BSL? Without mentioning names/places etc. of course? The press articles tend to carry a photo they've dragged up of a bullbreed snarling somewhere along the line. The reality is these poor dogs, who have done nothing wrong, with nowhere to go :(

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that too. As Dee said it might not help these poor dogs but maybe it would have an effect somewhere along the line :unsure:

I also wondered if maybe we could have permission to use the photos of these dogs when we're sending out letters re BSL? Without mentioning names/places etc. of course? The press articles tend to carry a photo they've dragged up of a bullbreed snarling somewhere along the line. The reality is these poor dogs, who have done nothing wrong, with nowhere to go :(

Of course the photo's can be used if need be :)

I wouldn't know where to start with going to the papers :unsure:

So, just out of interest, will that pound now be able to sell the dogs after seven days if they wanted to?

Or will they have to hand them in to the amnesty being called for in that council area?

Or will they just get a vet in and pts the lot of them?

This is my council that I pay council tax to. :( and I am ashamed to say I don't know what the daily rag is cos I only buy bolton news.

What a horrible situation to be in :(

I would find the email contact addresses of your local papers/all papers in this region and email them the initial post in this thread word for word including pictures, it shows the human side of the situation at present from the sharp end.

Gem (Lulu) sends a big sloppy kiss :)

So, just out of interest, will that pound now be able to sell the dogs after seven days if they wanted to?

Or will they have to hand them in to the amnesty being called for in that council area?

Or will they just get a vet in and pts the lot of them?

Yes the pound could sell them after their 7 days if they so wished (they no longer sell any dog, they all come through RDR) as these dogs are Staffies and Staffie crosses :unsure:

No, they won't have to hand them in to the amnesty, they are Staffies and Staffie crosses :unsure:

Why would they pts Staffie and Staffie crosses unless there was nowhere for them to go after their 7 days :unsure:

Why would they pts Staffie and Staffie crosses unless there was nowhere for them to go after their 7 days :unsure:

but there IS nowhere for them to go :mecry:

:huh: Why on earth would they do that? They arent pit bulls :huh:

hardly any of the dogs at risk are pitbulls though, aren't they? oh thank feck I haven't emailed anyone I am completely confused.

1. strays, looking like that, who can prove what they are?

2. no rescue places? pts?

3. amnesty being pursued right now in that area.

someone slap my face and explain it all again to me :mecry:

I need someone to write me something out and I will email all the papers Coryn has given me. Pretty please.

Border Collie - Unfortunately if Coryn and her colleagues didn't keep finding rescue spaces normally the pound would have no alternative but to pts. The lady at the pound works incredibly hard and is a good un. Staffie types are being handed in to rescues and dumped left right and centre. The pounds were already in bad shape after the normal Xmas fall out and simply can't keep hold of all of the dogs due to lack of space. There is nowhere for these dogs to go so no alternative but to pts. Without this BSL crap all of the rescues working with pounds were struggling and putting several dogs in boarding kennels to keep them safe. These spaces too have run out. All of the rescues are choc a block full of staffies and simply can't take in any more. More being handed in than being rehomed. Very bleak outlook.

Thanks for that reply :flowers: I knew most of it which is why I was getting upset, I just keep thinking, right, if I am not stepping on RDR toes and that little girl at the top will be pts I want to go and get her on saturday. I know it is against all common sense, untested straight from pound, but I feel really bad living so near and leaving her. I know too another big batch will replace her just as quickly. :mecry:

And I can't even begin to imagine how bad coryn must feel with her superb record for getting them all placed. :GroupHug: