UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Should Saddam Die?

raiye

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he shouldn't.

Violence only leads to more violence. How does murdering him bring justice for the murders he's committed, just teaches the wrong message to the world.

I don't think beings as unstable as humans should be running round playing "God" deciding who lives and who dies.

Edited by kittycat97

No, he shouldn't be executed.

I don't believe in the death penalty and don't see any reason to make an exception for Saddam.

It won't help bring peace and may make things worse.

I'm not really sure our governments are that much better than him, they may well just have better PR people :(

Actually Ive changed my mind. (Me, fickle?? :rolleyes: ) Ive been thinking about this tonight, and I dont want him to die. Not because I want him to "live", but because death is a release for him, a release from how he,s living now (after all his opulance and luxury), a release from having to think about his victims, and a release from him suffering. And he is suffering. Hanging is far too good a punishment, let him live and spend the rest of his pathetic life in jail, humiliated, lonley, hated and deprived of all that his former lifestyle provided.

I dont think his death will give any closure to the families of his victims. I think they would probably prefer to see him degraded and defeated everyday, death just ends his suffering, not theirs.

I don't agree with any death sentence, and Ghandi I think was spot on.

I do believe that he is an evil man, who did evil things, but he was 'allowed' to do these things by many in the west who turned a blind eye, who financed his government, and gave him arms, because it was felt he was 'useful' against Iran. So I also believe that these people / governments who knew what he was doing but 'supported' him regardless should also accept some responsibility, and face some kind of punishment too.

I do believe in a death penalty but not in this case.

I think he should be kept in a very secure unit and kept on basic food/water nothing else.

He should be made to clean his own cell and I would personally allow the relatives of those he killed to 'visit' him and villify him.

He would wish for death but I would make sure he could never harm himself.

Also I think that a multinational force should be responsible for him.

I do believe in a death penalty but not in this case.

I think he should be kept in a very secure unit and kept on basic food/water nothing else.

He should be made to clean his own cell and I would personally allow the relatives of those he killed to 'visit' him and villify him.

oooh good one Kathy :flowers:

I like the idea about the victims relatives being allowed to visit him. Just to humiliate him :rolleyes:

That would cause him more suffering than half an hour with a rope around his neck, then oblivion :dry:

I think death is letting him off lightly. Far better for him to rot in prison and to forfeit all his rights and liberties.

I believe if he is executed it will just perpetrate more violence in the World.

I think he deserves to die for all that he has done to 'his people', however a life sentence in solitary confinement in an 8' x 10' cell with no contact to the outside world, his family, friends or anyone else would be far greater for him to bear than dangling at the end of a rope.

He should also have no newspapers/T.V./ radio and his jailers should not be allowed to talk to him.

Unfortunately if this happened it wouldn't be long before all the bleeding hearts would come crawling out of the woodwork and start screaming about his civil liberties.

Terri