UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

School Drones.

raiye

its not uncommon in schools now to have very strict regulations on uniforms , not all do of course but its a lot more common that you think

I think it does no harm as children will have to learn that there are restrictions to clothing and appearance in adult life, I do also think its cuts out the "who has the best clothes" issues as they are all wearing the same

if you think that your daughters school is being too strict you could raise it via the parent governors

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think uniform is important. I think it helps create some pride in their school and therefore themselves too. But the colour of hair elastics??

And is sending them home the right thing to do? Surely being in school is the important thing?

I also think being able to show a little of who you are is important too. Does hair colour and style make such a difference?

Being in school is important, but rules are set and if they are broken, then that person has to live with the consequences.

To be honest, I find the whole excuse of kids 'expressing' themselves a load of rubbish. Surely they should be expressing themselves with their personality and interactions with others, not breaking the rules.

I, personally, don't understand uniforms and strict rules at school. We don't have uniforms where I come from and were generally allowed to express ourselves however we wanted too (in terms of clothing). And I do think clothing is a way of expressing yourself.....Somethings weren't really allowed - like extremely revealing clothing, but all in all you wore what you wanted to.

There are standards at work but we don't have issued shoes to wear and if I wore trainers to work one day, someone *might* say something but I certainly wouldn't be sent home from work.

I don't agree with kids being sent home from school for something like shoes - they should be AT school, not sent home. A 'caution' or somethign similar or a discussion with the student's parents would be far more advantagous in my eyes. I think the school are being a little 'over the top', IMHO.

Edited by ykstar

I agree with those who said having to wear certain clothes to school teaches children that they cannot always do as they want.

I was allowed to wear what I wanted (within reason) at the weekends but not during school time.

work was not so different. I went to work once in a very short mini skirt and was sent home in a company car which waited outside while I changed into something more appropriate for 'the office'.

Also was never allowed to wear jeans in the office.

Your daughter can express herself at the weekends.

Think the hairbans a bit ott unless they are the big ones. :)

Sorry, but another one here who believes that school uniform rules are there to be obeyed. I went to a school where uniform was extremely strict and I *tut* these days when I see the way some kids are wearing to go to school.

Most jobs have dress codes and certainly most of the jobs I've had I wouldn't have been allowed to wear trainers or have multicoloured hair, school is a preparation for life.

Uniforms, fair enough, but sending home for wrong hair elastics is a bit extreme. And I don't think it is the school's business what underwear any child wears. You don't get told what pants to wear to work, unless you join an armed service which provides them.

I am afraid I think sending children home is an easy option for teachers. It should only be done if the student is being disruptive and anti-social. It's easier just to send a child home than to discuss problems with parents. The important thing is that they are there to get an education and qualifications. There are schools where the main worry is students having drugs and offensive weapons in class. Perhaps some other schools might get minor things into proportion.

Considering the nationwide problem of truancy, it seems a little odd that children who are actually willing to turn up at school should be sent home unless there is no other option.

I don't think it is the school's business what underwear any child wears.

But do you think it's acceptable to see brightly coloured bras through flimsy school shirts, for example?

And are bum freezer thongs appropriate, especially when worn with very short skirts?

There's underwear and underwear.

Pam

If the schools policy is as strict as it seems and previous exclusions have been incurred through noncompliance, I'm not really surprised that it's happened this time with the hair colour. The school has a uniform policy and expects it to be adhered to.

Like some others have said, wear what you like, how you like outside.

I do think the school is being particularly harsh considering today was non-uniform day though

But do you think it's acceptable to see brightly coloured bras through flimsy school shirts, for example?

And are bum freezer thongs appropriate, especially when worn with very short skirts?

Pam

When I was a secondary school governor, there was a big problem with girls arriving at school with short skirts and thongs, and some girls would deliberately bend over in front of male teachers...... I found it strange that a lot of the parents couldn't see there was any problem with their daughters showing off their bottoms to all and sundry :huh:

It took a change of head to enforce the uniform - inc skirt length- rules ( which involved a trip to the local uniform supplier who informed him that some parents actually asked for skirts to be taken up when they bought them :wacko: ).

Pam

No. not appropriate to see bras through school shirts I agree. And skirts should not be short enough to see knickers - what kind of uniform is that?? Schoolboys have enough difficulty coping with teenage hormone rush and concentrating on their work without having to deal with girls showing undies - of any kind.

I'd go with a "no visible underwear" rule.

Pam

I agree it looks horrendous on teachers.

Im up for seeing bronzed male gym teachers in shorts though.

Edited by Trallwm farm

I think uniform's should be adhered to, although some rules seem a little extreme.

To send someone home for having dyed hair or funny coloured hair bobbles.....ridiculous, I don't see how that can aid their education, sending them home :huh: :rolleyes:

I think uniform's should be adhered to, although some rules seem a little extreme.

To send someone home for having dyed hair or funny coloured hair bobbles.....ridiculous, I don't see how that can aid their education, sending them home :huh: :rolleyes: