UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well the last time this happened and he got bossy he was on a variety of calming things although he hasn't been for a long time. I have researched into rig calm and it looks like a good idea but it is very expensive, I think I worked out a £28 tub would last 2 weeks :O but I would be willing to try it as a last resort.

I have discussed with YO possibly putting him in a pen at night. Our next plan is to try him with the only other 'horse' at my yard who is a mare. I'm wondering whether he feels the need to boss the boys about to show who's boss but maybe he would be calmer with a mare. Maybe he will be worse. Who knows, worth a try!

The muzzle would stop him biting but he chases too, he literally barges them to get them moving and then bites them to keep them moving!

If he's a nightmare with the mare then will have to try rig calm and penning him up at night. Very reluctant to let him live on his own :(

Been ages since ive been here, things are going good with the riding. In lessons ive mainly been riding Barney who is just keen as mustard at everything he does though is a real monkey :wub: jumped course of 9 jumps couple of weeks ago, only about 50cm but we're getting there slowly.

Also started riding a girls horse, she doesnt ride her anymore, actually has another younger mare on loan so I can ride her when I want. Tried her out and she is just gorgeous, very forward going, loves jumping, xc and has done a bit of everything. Shes about 14'2 and 16 years old and called Phoebe :wub: isnt she pretty :wub:

297605_256432524389539_2554333_n.jpg

• Like 1

Oh wow Phoebe is stunning :wub: Looks much bigger than 14.2hh, think you'll have some fun with her :biggrin:

I went showjumping today, what can I say I don't like it much as I'm pretty useless at it but had to get some practise in for next weekend. Was pretty happy with the 85cm round for two down, good for us :laugh:

Went into the 90cm actually looking forward to ironing out some of the things from the first class and made it even worse for 4 down. He was towing me into the fences more which didn't help but didn't ride well and came out feeling our showjumping is doomed for ever more :rolleyes:

I'm not proud I'll share my uselessness :laughingsmiley:

http://youtu.be/vOJTKJLCYlQ

http://youtu.be/dUkeS4OKlTo

He didn't touch this one though!

Snapshot110-06-201217-36.png

• Like 1

Oh dear, he's Lokki now! :) Not a lot wrong with that round Clare, some nice slow down and wait aids from you that were very clear. When he gets a tad unbalanced you stop riding and leave it to him so he clonks them. Little bit more schooling and he'll be fine, huge potential there!

Ead, Phoebe is gorgeous!

Wow Clare looking good, cant imagine being brave enough to do 90 :ohmy:

Can I join the 'broke' horse club please :worried_anim:

Went down to ride Phoebe yesterday, my friend had tagged along with camera to get piccies/video and Phoebe was lame, there were a couple of stones in her hoof so think she might have bruised her sole, still as lame today so we'll see how she is over the next week.

Hope your week flies by Gooster.

Oh no :( Hope Phoebe is mended soon :GroupHug:

One of the other liveries sent me a text last night asking if I would ride her horse whilst she is on holiday. He's a dales and is lovely, going to try him on Sunday as she goes away on Monday. Will get some pics of him (be warned though, he is quite round at the moment...)

Ohhhhh a Dales.......very nice, hope it goes well and can't wait for piccies.

Was up this evening to see Phoebe, they're moved into different paddocks so happily grazing away. Still lame, farrier coming out over next few days so if she's no better hopefully he will find something. I'm being an impatient mare and just want to get riding her.

Good vibes for Phoebe EAD, she is a lovely mare, I hope you find out what's wrong quickly!

Ooo Gooster, a Dales pony! Pictures please, round or not!

Watch this space for Banner's first vid competing at pony agility, be warned, it's not an exciting spectator sport! :biggrin:

Special Lilli has been started on Alphabute in an attempt to help her awful movement, the results have been so good she is now Super Lilli! She does still drag her feet a tad but is much more free moving. My main problem with her now is her tendancy to bite, she has a very bad temper and is quite a sulky little person. Her dad was a bit of a monster but I always thought it was the way he was kept in a small area with no turnout, maybe he was just arsey and Lilli has inherited his temperament!

Edited by Pendlewitch

Oh no, hope Phoebe is better soon :flowers:

Have fun riding the dales Gooster, glad you have found something to ride. How is Blue doing?

How is Milo now, did he go in the with mare?

Looking forward to seeing foal pics and agility video :biggrin:

Farrier was out with Phoebe yesterday, said her foot seems ok though he thinks her back is sore so ‘back woman’ is coming out to see her which will hopefully help.

Looking forward to chestnut filly piccies :wub_anim:

Lilli sounds a real character :wub_anim:

There is a Shetland stallion called Dennis (the menace) up with Phoebe along with another younger mare called Limit and a gelding called Monty.

Dennis is suchhhhhhhh a monkey, tries to boss the other horses, stamps his tiny hooves at them and generally struts about like he owns the place....must try and get a piccie of him :wub_anim: