UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Okay dressage lesson was a wash out!! Instructor was a complete and utter bi*ch!!!!! Looked down her nose the instant we all went in!! Told one girl (an eventer who has been riding since 3) that she hadn't tacked up properly, said in a proper looking down her nose tone of voice 'is that a treeless saddle??????' and insulted another woman who'd boxed her horse up to come for the lesson (great impression that gives of our yard!!!).

After telling her Kane was partically sighted (which I tell everyone cos he spooks and is obviously nervous on his left side) she said 'he sees more than you think he does so don't use that as an excuse'.........ummmm excuse me love I think after owning him 4 years and spending ALOT of money on vet consultations I'm slightly more qualified than you to say how much he see's!!!

She didn't ask our names, our horses names or what level riding we were at. She launched into trotting without stirrups which I refused to do because a) I'm crap at it and b) Kane had only just got into the school and had already spooked once and I didn't want to. Eventually I did...and yes of course he did a massive spook and I very nearly fell off!!!

The YO was furious, apparently earlier she'd asked one of the kids what on earth possessed her to buy her heavy cob (who is a stunning horse and a fab sj'er)!! Ceri was really upset by it.

Anyway not sure she'll be invited back...I was really disappointed. :(

I'm in a rage! :mad: Have just spoken to First Thought, the suppliers of WoW and the woman I spoke to, I will not call her a lady, was a COW! She said as far as they were concerned the saddle looks ok and when I said I would take it further she said I was threatening her! She also said WoW saddles were not expensive compaired to Jaguar saddles, what the 'F' has that to do with anything! Saddle fitter is going to sort it out but the last thing I wanted was a fight but I'm fuming! :grrr:

Jacky, what a shame your lesson was a washout, what an appalling instructor and how bad mannered she was. Give her the boot and tell her why!

Aw, Jacky that's so disappointing :( I know how much you were looking forward to it. Would you like me to come down to Anglesey and show you my own style of dressage minus the horse :unsure: :laugh:

Nuther-stupid-question-from-her-wot-knows-nowt-about-hosses: After seeing the lying down pics and the responses I have to ask "do horses stand most of the time then?"

:laugh: Thanks Marion, I'll throw in B&B if you come and show me your dressage!! :wink:

Horses can sleep standing up, they have a special locking thing in their hocks (I think it's hocks...might be fetlock??? :wacko: )anyway in their legs, that allows them to relax standing up. I've not seen Kane flat out in the new place yet, but I suppose he will at some point once he's totally settled. Usually in a herd one or two will remain standing (watch outs) while the others sleep.

PW that's appauling about your saddle!! I've always aspired to owning a WOW saddle but maybe not now!! I think YO has already given her the boot...I actually didn't pay for my lesson cos I was in such a strop I left before I remembered too!!! :laugh:

Jacky, I am pretty sure it is the knee in the hindleg that locks (one at a time, the other will be slightly bent, resting on the front of the hoof, infor for Marion, as I am sure Jacky is quite aware of this already :laugh: )

That instructor sounds like a right bitch. One day when I can get a few days off work, I would love to come out and have a go at schooling Kane! :wub:

Great pics Jackysian!

I've got my WOW saddle fitter out on Monday as I've had to have my tree mended which is under warranty. I love my WOW saddle and my saddle fitter is lovely. Shes going to make me a second saddle out of 'bits' so we have a GP for Newt as well. Shes great.

:wink:

Okay dressage lesson was a wash out!! Instructor was a complete and utter bi*ch!!!!! Looked down her nose the instant we all went in!! Told one girl (an eventer who has been riding since 3) that she hadn't tacked up properly, said in a proper looking down her nose tone of voice 'is that a treeless saddle??????' and insulted another woman who'd boxed her horse up to come for the lesson (great impression that gives of our yard!!!).

After telling her Kane was partically sighted (which I tell everyone cos he spooks and is obviously nervous on his left side) she said 'he sees more than you think he does so don't use that as an excuse'.........ummmm excuse me love I think after owning him 4 years and spending ALOT of money on vet consultations I'm slightly more qualified than you to say how much he see's!!!

She didn't ask our names, our horses names or what level riding we were at. She launched into trotting without stirrups which I refused to do because a) I'm crap at it and b) Kane had only just got into the school and had already spooked once and I didn't want to. Eventually I did...and yes of course he did a massive spook and I very nearly fell off!!!

The YO was furious, apparently earlier she'd asked one of the kids what on earth possessed her to buy her heavy cob (who is a stunning horse and a fab sj'er)!! Ceri was really upset by it.

Anyway not sure she'll be invited back...I was really disappointed. :(

Tell me to go suck eggs if I'm preaching to the already converted but I've been with Grant today watching him "spookbusting" Thug. He has two bamboo canes, one with a couple of small carrier bags attached, and one with very large carrier bags attached. He works Thug in a dually headcollar whilst tickling him with the smaller bags all over his body, working up to the larger bags and getting faster and faster. Thug is now at the stage where he doesn't even flinch and stands with one hindleg cocked - Grant said he calls him rubberman as he has the tendency to dump his feet in the oddest positions when he's relaxed :D

And just in case you missed him on the other thread...

ThugGrantandKristiana.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by supafrisk

:) Hello, no photos yet 'cos I'm just back.

Kane is :wub: and he wasn't really norty I just got unbalanced and couldn't get myself sorted :rolleyes: nothing broke (except maybe my pride) and he had apples afterwards. (they were not on me at the time of the tumble, so tis not a food related incident).

He looked lovely when he was showing, except the in hand class where Jacky worked really hard - shame Kane didn't :laugh:

Had an interesting day yesterday, the yard arena was hired by several people for a lesson with a fairly well known instructor who is a devotee of a particular style of riding. As it's Sam's arena she was offered a cut price lesson and as we both do felt there is always something to learn she agreed and I watched.

From the start of the lesson I could see Sam was uncomfortable with the way the instructor touched her, (not suggesting anything dodgy, it was her way of explaining things), and her patronising manner was very hard to take. She also had the attitude 'my way is the only way and if you are resistant to changing to my way you won't succeed in anything'. I couldn't see the horse went any better, in fact she almost fell asleep and the instructor had Sam sitting in the most bizarre postion, if you had whipped the horse out from under her she would have gone flat on her nose. The instructor did come unstuck when she poked Sam's horse in the belly, supposedly to make her lift her back and the horse booted her, oops! :) Have to say the instructor is a dressage rider to an advanced level and a picture of her riding looked totally different how she had Sam and the others sitting!

I know this style of riding has a following of people believing the 'inventor' is amazing and has an almost god like following. I don't follow any particular style but am bordering on the classical with Carl Hester as my icon but also pick and choose from things that make sense, as I said, you can always learn something. Have to say that yesterday both Sam and I did not feel we did.

The point of my ramblings is do any of you follow rigidly a particular stlye of riding or do you pick and choose. Who is your icon?