UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Hope Milos fit for canter :wub:

Oh Jeanne Max is lovely, looks a very calm boy :wub: Is he? What all do you do in lessons?

Well ‘my’ handsome Magic :wub: was there today and we had a fab lesson, girls at yard don’t know anything more about whether the guy wants him or not, im just keeping everything crossed and im determined to enjoy every lesson on him as you just never know when he might go.

Hopefully my lottery numbers will come up first.

Joining a lesson tomorrow with another couple of girls, roll on 11am.

Glad Magic is still at the farm, fingers crossed for a lottery win :flowers:

Max is lovely, I love riding ponies, I always think ponies are a bit more challenging than horses, just due to their cheeky nature (Blue included!!)

Hope Milo is feeling better and up for a canter soon :wub:

I just have to say this, but I love my YO!!! On my yard they only turnout for you Monday to Friday, but today she asked me if I wanted her to do Blue on a weekend as well, as I work every Saturday. Of course I said yes, as all the other horses are out on a weekend, so he is usually in alone. Moving to this yard was the best thing I have done for a long time!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good joint supplement just for maintenance doses?

When milo is back in work I plan to do a few jumping and dressage lessons and clinics so am thinking about just using a low level joint supplement. The array of supplements on the market is just huge and I can't choose so wondered if anyone here uses one?

I hope you have managed to keep Milo in walk and he soon feels better. The ponies owned by my local stables have these nylon bridles (hence the colour!) so they can be thrown in the washing machine when they are dirty!

It would be no good me going to look at horses PW my heart would rule my head and I would want to rescue them all.:laugh:

Yes EAD Max is calm but enjoys his jumping, he is much better on one rein than the other. Is that a particular pony trait most of them seem to have a preference to one side or the other?

Gooster I always had a preference for bigger horses since being continually bucked off a pony as a nipper but I am very much enjoying riding the ponies now although I do still ride bigger horses on my Wednesday lesson at a different school. My favourite at the moment is Billy who is a wall eyed skewbald of 7 years who is SO responsive. Unfortunately I can't ride him in the clear round as his owners (2 teenage sisters) are riding him, how unfair is that!!:laugh:

How mean of Billy's owners :laugh:

Not sure of any joint supplements CP, although I do know glucosamine is good, so maybe see if there are any supplements with that in.

Had a lovely lesson on Blue today, he's really starting to work nicely in his canter. However he did get quite strong at one point when we cantered across the diagonal to change of leg through X. Not having a lesson next week though, as it will be the day before bonfire night. As good as he is with fireworks, I think it might be a bit too much to ask for him to work when there will be loads going off.

Well - this weekend marks a year since I bought Milo! Time flies doesnt it?

To mark the occaision I got my boyfriend to make me a montage of all my photos from the last year and put them in a video. I left him to it, whats most impressive is that he got them in more or less chronological order :laugh:

Here it is, enjoy :wub:

Thats really nice of your YO, makes such a difference when you have a helpful YO.

Billy sounds lovely, can we have pics of him too please :flowers:

Wow a year already! He has come on so much, you must be really excited about what your second year holds :biggrin:

Dressage went well today, Loki was very relaxed about everything I think he was pleased to be out at a party again :laugh: I was really happy with the test, he hardly spooked at all which is a first for him, as there was plenty to look at I think we did as good as we could given where we are in our comeback trail, he tried so hard and I was very proud of my walking disaster :wub: We were in the lead when we left with 8 more to go, so in a large unrestricted class I was chuffed to bits to be in the top 8 :biggrin:

Linky to video

Oh my god well done Clare and Loki :biggrin: :flowers:

He looks like he's going so well, you must be so proud of him, I would be shouting from the rooftops if I was you :laugh:

I am so excited for the following year. WHEN milo's back on track id like to try and do a few clinics before christmas. The riding club have got all of them, XC dressage and sj on so will try and get to them. The dressage and sj are either at mine or round the corner so no travelling required but the XC is at twesledown so will only be able to go if a) I can find someone else whos going who is willing to give me a lift or b) convince my dad to drive the lorry again and have to fork out for borrowing it. Note to self: Take lorry/trailer tests!!!!

Lovely test Clare!! What score did you get? You rode the test really accurately and used your corners well :)

I know what you mean CP about wanting to take trailer test. The dressage in December is the day after mum and dad are at a Christmas party, so the chances of them getting up to take us are zero!!

Thanks :flowers: We got 65% there were a lot in the 50s so think the judge was marking low, I did vaguely recognise her, I think she was judging a Smiths Lawn beginning of the year, she never smiles and comes across a bit grumpy. The lady before me did what I thought to be a very nice test and I was gobsmacked to see she got 57%, maybe they got mine and hers marks mixed up :laugh: A lot of the people still to go were doing the novice class after so will probably drop down quite a way but still very chuffed with 8th :biggrin:

I am so lucky with transport, I can't get to grips with towing so my OH takes me pretty much wherever I want, although he has taken up road biking so we may have some clashes next year.

I was tempted by Tweseldown but don't think I will have a jumping saddle sorted by then, I have taken my saddle to Millwheel to sell so only have the dressage one now, don't fancy xc in that :laugh: Hope you find someone to get a lift with, let Lisa know you need a lift and sure she will find you one :flowers:

Gooster fingers crossed you can find something that both you and your parents can do. I couldn't believe how much the trailer was to take :ohmy: