UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

:GroupHug: hope Blue is sorted soon.

Bumble is comfortable tonight, forgot to say that vet believes hes insulin resistant so is going to have blood tests.So problem is we have a real combination of serious problems. Vet is lovely and is worried, so much that hes given me his own mobile and home number so i can call him directly anytime and although hes day off tomorrow and got plans for the morning hes coming down between 6.30/7am to give him his injections. Think we have struck a chord with him as hes just had to put his own elderly mare to sleep this week.

Ahhhh no poor Bumble and poor you :mecry:

So hope you see improvement over the next 24 hours :GroupHug:

Hope nothing serious to worry about with Blue and he soon perks up :GroupHug: and your boots are very smart, I like them :wub:

CP how scary was that hope yours and Milos scratches are healing.

Clare piccies are fab and Loki looks so handsome as usual :wub:

Poor Trooper isn’t doing well at all, instructor today said he has lost a lot of weight and shes worried he wont make it :mecry:

Lessons are going great, on Magic again yesterday and today :wub: This week we’ve been working over a straight line of 8 poles in trot, keeping a steady pace and making sure we are in the centre, then into canter and over 2 canter poles. Also going figures of eight, three looped serpentines and 20 metre circles working on their bend and straightness.

Have been watching Team Fredericks In Control and boy do they make it look easy :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: for Trooper

To a happy hacker that all sounds very technical and hard work :laugh:

Bumble not too good, his lammi is worse , hes reacting as soon as hoof testers touch him :mecry: Hes had extra pain killers but unless theres dramatic improvement i think i'll let him go soon. His eyes are telling me what i dont want to know :mecry: :mecry:

Have a pony joining us this afternoon for short term so Annie can go out etc and so i can sort myself out if i lose Bumble . Havent got a clue about the pony, i'm so desperate i just said yes and they're bringing her later on :unsure: :laugh:

Still sending thoughts for bumble :GroupHug:

Had a really good lesson yesterday. Milo is now officially on his jumping respect bootcamp :laugh:

He normally tanks into jumps so yesterday my insructor had me cantering in to a jump and halting 3 strides out on alternate fences. Hes a clever little thing and realised what we wanted straight away and didnt play up at all. I did have to hit the brakes big time on one occaision but I think it did him good. Towards the end of the session I was actually having to push him into the jumps more (which is unheard of) and he kept a steady rhythm into the fences and I wasnt 'holding' him at all. So I think if I use that excercise once every so often it will really help with the control. I obviously dont want to do it often because he'll start expecting to stop all the time but if I throw it in once every so often it will really test to see if he's listening to me or not.

Lots of :GroupHug: 's for you and Bumble :GroupHug:

Hope Annie likes her new field mate :flowers:

Get well thoughts for Trooper :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I think EAD has been hugely remiss in not providing pics of Magic yet :D

Had fab jumping lesson yesterday, its nice when homework actually pays off especially when it involves having to get up at the crack of dawn and ride before work so I have the school to myself :laugh: Trainer was very pleased with progress in two weeks, we even managed a course of 7 fences clear :biggrin: Probably a fluke but the whole course jumping thing is becoming less hairy. He now wants me to go out and jump some classes and report back next lesson.

Have got a very funny pic of us jumping the viaduct wall filler for the first time, it was rather like an ungamely helicoptor and me nearly going out the back door. Will download it at some point for your amusement :laugh:

CP did you take Milo to Wheelers to do your jumping? How do I find out about the classes, or more likely clear round, I can't find anything about it anywhere other than BSJA but hardly any info there either :unsure:

Are you coming to WEC on Sunday for stressage?

Fab well done Loki :)

Yes the jumping at Yateley (or John Wheelers) is completely impossible to find out about and so unorganised, and that reflects the whole thing when you get there :laugh: Its in a field in the middle of a housing estate, i'll give you directions if you want to go. The next time its on is the 23rd and 24th of july, it was on over the weekend but didnt go this time. The clear round ring (which is what I did) is completely unmanned so you can just flit in if and when you please. Youre supposed to pay to do it but I honestly dont think anyone does. The jumps are all completely delapidated but they do the job - the ground isnt great in that ring either its a bit lumpy!

Anyway, they start with 2 unaffiliated classes at 10am, the first is 2'6-2'9 and the second is 2'9 to 3'0, theyre both 2 phase, £8 a class. TBH I went and watched the first class a while ago and the jumps didnt look big at all, despite being atleast 2'6 they looked small enough for me to do :laugh: Thats then followed by the BSJA classes.

Its really quiet there, especially for the unaffliliated classes, theres probably only a handful in each class. I know my friend went last year and there was her and 2 others :laugh: The people organising it are friendly and the last time I was there and was watching they were very kindly letting a lady have a second go on her horse as it was his first show and had been a complete plank the first time round and they let him go round again to give him a good experience.

There is absoloutely no way I could face doing any dressage with Milo at the moment, he's like a bull in a china shop. He's his usual angelic self on the ground but to be ridden he's COB WITH ATTITUDE and just wants to go go go :laugh: Im not doing anything this weekend though so I may pop up to watch if the weathers nice, would love to meet Loki if youre doing it :wub:

Im changing Milo's food over at the moment. He's just on chaff and pony nuts but he's still as high as a kite. He's got very little grass in his field so I cant even blame it on that. In an attempt to simplify im going to have a go at Mollichaff Calmer which is a chaff with fibre nuts in, it also contains a calmer and a broad spectrum mineral and vitamin supplement so you can actually feed it as a complete feed. Im just a tad worried and have emailed the company for advice because the daily recommended amount for a horse milos size equates to giving him over 8 stubbs scoops if it a day :ohmy: