UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

No riding this weekend as instructor is away all weekend :( Checked out insurance and quote from Petplan is £60 :biggrin:

is it personal accident/riding insurance you are looking for?? if so the BHS is the best, you join as a gold member and its one of the many benefits

Didnt get any spotty pics but did get some lunging vids which I will download, doh, forgot camera but took videos on Mr CS's phone

Didnt get any spotty pics but did get some lunging vids which I will download, doh, forgot camera but took videos on Mr CS's phone

Great! :wub: Thank you and thank you for the previous link. Would still enjoy spottie pics when you can manage it :wub:

This thread has reminded me how tricky it is to find a decent instructor, I can't believe the two woman PW and Jacky have had to endure manage to have clients :(

Great pics San, I am very dissapointed in Jacky not recording the actual moment though :D I guess she had other things on her mind :laugh:

I have a bit of a dilemma.

This Sunday I was planning to do a couple of classes at the first dressage comp at home under new management, I know they have been struggling for entries and thought it would be nice to support the first one, even though it clashed with a local venues jumping show which had a 2ft baby class especially for young horses.

Anyhow not sure why but Loki's schooling has taken a bit of a nose dive lately, his canter has really improved but trot has gone to pieces, he has had his teeth, back and saddle checked and all okay, so presume he is just testing the waters a bit.

I had a lesson last night and it really did not come together, and I absently mentioned that perhaps I shouldn't do the comp on Sunday, to which RI (also YM) thought about it and yes well you that is up to you. I guess I was hoping she would say it didn't look as bad as it felt or something, but obviously not :laugh:

Then it came to light that the judge for the dressage is a lady who is good friends with YM and her two liveries, really nice lady but as she is already involved in the yard, and is not a judge but has competed, it seems a bit odd now.

I am wondering if I would be better off going jumping instead, but don't want to upset anyone :rolleyes:

I would use the excuse that Loki's flat work isn't up to standard and as your confidence has taken a nose dive (crap but it's always a good excuse) recently you'd rather take him to the SJing, where you know he'll enjoy himself and it might perk him up!!! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

Good decision :)

I may have some exciting news abut Rolo - he is pottering about quite nicely - has taken a shine to jumping :) , but, the most perfect home for him may be in the pipeline. :)

It would be on loan, which leaves me a bit snookered to get anything else :( , but I could not ask for a better home for him - he would be well cared for and developed properly and compassionately :)

It is very very tentative at the mo, but I just want some positive vibes being sent our way - we need all the luck we can get!! :) Please! :laugh:

Good choice Clare!!

I took fella into the big fields yesterday, usually he doesn't nap in those ones but he was abit naughty. Kept trying to pull to the left although he did keep going forward he felt extreamly strong and I had to keep my leg on alot!! Noticed he's starting to go into a nice outline without being asked so that's good but apart from that I've decided I really really need some serious lessons! 5 years of purely hacking with other people has totally sent my riding ability to the pits!! :( I've been really noticing my lack of ability and weakness at relaying to him what I want! Aside from him being a bit strong at times and nappy, I'm so lucky that he's extreamly forgiving of my riding.

The jumping is all him!! He really enjoys it (tries to pull into the jumping field as we go passed!!) and very rarely refuses! I'm just the passenger when we jump!! :wink:

I've never been a technical rider and because I'm now pushing our limits its becoming apparent I need some reminders of what goes where!! :laugh: Jayne the YO said last night when I asked if she knew of a good basic instructor she just laughed and said I was too like her...I didn't want to be told what to do!!! :laugh: Which is true but if I can find someone who will listen to what I want and not try and force me into doing stupid things then I'll be fine!! :wink: My friend has said she'll come up and help me (she's BHS instructor quailified) and I'm thinking of asking Jayne's ex if he'd be willing...he helped me when Kane was napping and while he was proper scarey he did speak sense and didn't let me wimp out!!! :(

Its in Bodedern, used to be called Stabl Wen (not sure if it still is cos under new owners). :wink:

Well did my ego a HUGE boost last night...went jumping with the kids!! :rolleyes: :laugh: Remind me never to do that again!!! They are wizzing round the course and there's me and Kane having a discussion about the tiny doubles!!! :rolleyes: Luckily one of the less confident kids came in with us so I had someone else doing the 'baby' jumps with me!! :laugh: Even she had to lead with her horse over one cos Kane decided it needed cat jumping everytime!! :rolleyes: Nevermind I had fun (so did the kids laughing at me!!).

Sounds fun Jacky, nothing like jumping to lift the spirits :biggrin:

Although as Bradders said I think you are being harsh on yourself with your riding, it is so easy to forget the progress and focus on what isn't quite going right. I know it is easier said than done, I am going through the same thing at the moment :flowers:

Oohh Jacky, tell you why I asked, when I lived in Valley we got Holly from Bodedern, you post in rmf that your stables had jrt pups,Holly came from 'Anglesey Equestrian Centre'.... The family we had her from dealt in irish horses, the guy went over, brought a few back and 'schooled them on' before selling them