UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Awwww Kane, what a good boy. :wub:

PS - You look very handsome. :wub: love and snuffles, Lady T :wink:

San was telling Kane all about Tara!! :wub: She said that she's single, has a goats for company (Kane's stable is next to the goats stable!!) and that they have fairly similar shaped bums...although San does think Lady T's is slightly more shapely than Kanes!!!! :laugh:

Arrrrrrrgh! Every one is having sooooo much fun, (well done to all) and I don't have my saddle back yet so I can't ride and am stuck with lunging Wanda. YO Sam is going to take her ride and lead when she takes Kim out today so it will be a nice change for her.

An update on the blessed saddle, I was a bit annoyed with First Thought as they said they were only recovering the seat of my green saddle, so I told them I would not accept a black seat with green flaps and panels. Have to ring Wednesday and see how it's progressing. I've had black saddles before and ones costing a lot less than £1600 and they didn't go green. You would have thought that seeing as I had taken the saddle apart and sent the whole thing would have given them a clue, apparently not! :unsure:

http://www.equiworld.net/uk/sports/western...ction/index.htm

this link is quite good to explain a little more about western riding, my methods come fro mthe Californian school of riding so to speak.

The reins I use are 22ft of mecate line, they're good as you don't have to switch between halter and bridle, you can lunge with them, tie the horse up, lead and ride with them. I find them very versatile.

The bits I use are the same, just a snaffle with cheeks. Main difference is I have the bit low so Easta can hold it in her mouth wheres it most comfortable. And for a horse who was always tense in her jaw, sticknig her tongue out and flinging her head around this has been the biggest change. Now shes does none of the above.

I don't ride in a western saddle all the time, but itsn ot the tack that makes the horse 'western' its the training as hopefully the link will start to explain.... :rolleyes:

He got a first in the novice (the judge loved him said she wanted him!!! :wub: ) and I'm more excited that he got a third in the Mountain and Moorland which is a big class and he beat some very very experienced and established horses. :biggrin: I'll not mention the in-hand class which I decided to take him in so I'd get show experience.....he was awful and wouldn't trot!! :laugh: Anyway in 2 weeks we have another one and I'm definately going to ride him myself, I've also got myself put in for a novice jumping class too!!! :ohmy:

That's my boy :wub: :wub:

I'm so chuffed for you and Kane Jacky :flowers: :flowers:

Wowser, so much catching up to do, cant believe whats been going on, I will no doubt miss something.

Wll done Loki, you are so gorgeous and handsome and WTG Clare, what a great day you must have had, I am so jealous.

WTG Kane, he looks amazing, well done Jacky for all the work you have been putting in.

Easta looks great, I tried barrel racing a few years ago, its brill.

Well the new colts I bought have arrived and settled in really well, they both have fantastic natures and my boss is really chuffed with them. They both need to put on a bit of weight but are lovely.

We have sold one of our colts yesterday and I am starting to lunge 2 of our 2 year olds to get them ready for stallion licensing - kind of a 5 star vet check etc before they can become reg'd Appaloosa stallions and hopefully start earning their keep next year. They are both Grade A's so if we put them to our grade A mare we will have stud book foals - very exciting!!!

anyway, here are the new boys.

this is Hiawatha (yes, its a terrible name and will be changed when we can think of something that suits him), he is 2 years old and will become one of our Heritage stallions

horsesjune08012.jpg

this is Bennito (needs weight), he is only a yearling - all that black will come out of his coat and he will leopard out when he's about 3-4 (ignore the paddock, thats just the stallion hoolie paddock so has no grass, they have turn out paddocks and are fed while stabled - in case you wondered how he would get fat with no grass)

horsesjune08016.jpg

Edited by crazyspaniels

There is nothing like reliving your youth on horseback :biggrin:

Went out for a gentle hack this evening and 2 of the yard teens came with us. When we got back Jade, Hayley and I went into the indoor school as the lessons had finished. We started of at a nice calm trot then we all picked a corner to canter in. Feniks was really behaving himself....good thing really as Magier and Jamie are smaller than him. Magier is just under 15 hh and Jamie just under 13 hh. We ended up having little races, of course I did the honourable thing and gave them headstarts :laugh: Then the girls got their own back, we played a game of tag and of course they could turn a lot quicker.

I honestly haven't laughed so much in ages.

Just gorgeous spotty horses! :wub:

Angel that reminds me of playing cowboys and indians with the ponies, we used to have so much fun. Do kids still do that sort of thing I wonder.

The saga of my WoW saddle continues, I received it back today and the seat has been recovered and looks great but they have only recovered the knee rolls on the flaps and have ignored the panels so my saddle now looks ridiculous and like a patchwork quilt. I am having serious words tomorrow! :angry:

Lovely spotties :wub: :wub:

Aww tag on horseback brings back memories, much fun as I rememeber :biggrin:

That is awful about your saddle PW, not wonder you are mad :angry:

My saddler has persuaded me that my saddle is okay, we are going to see how it goes for two weeks, I have the physio coming out tomorrow, and then I will book him again in a fortnight to check nothing is pointing to him being uncomfortable with the saddle.

I got a text last night that left me like this :ohmy: It was from the riding club SJ manager asking if Loki and I were available for a team qualifier. I had to say thanks but no thanks, as we are not ready for that yet, as it was miles away, 2.9ft and we have never competed at SJ yet, but nice to be asked :laugh:

Wow Clare that's one hell of a compliment!!!!

I'd be most annoyed too PW!!

Lovely lovely spotty horses!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

A couple of Xmas's ago we played kids games at my BHS course...grown adults trying to do the gymkhana games. :laugh: Wasn't fair though cos one of the girls on the course was tiny so she could ride a wizzy pony and the rest of us were on plodding great horses so she kept winning!!! I cheated cos was riding a 17hh monster and couldn't get back on so I ended up running back dragging him behind me!!! :laugh:

Anyway had a nice day with San yesterday....unfortunately Kane wasn't that well behaved and she may of taken a bit of a tumble...San was most gracious and said it was her fault for being unbalanced but knowing Kane I'm sure he helped her on her way!!! :rolleyes: Think from now on I'll have to stick to letting people ride him in the school and not open fields cos he's a sod!! :laugh:

Exciting news though......I've got a dressage lesson tomorrow!! There is a new Riding Club set up on the island and they are really keen, luckily Jayne (my YO) is being really supportive of them so they are using her facilities alot, so we get invited to the events!!! This is the first one they are holding so hopefully it will be well attended and we'll have more in the future. :biggrin:

Oh no poor San and possibly norty Kane :wink:

Great news about the riding club, I am a big fan since I joined our local one, the clinics are such good fun. So not only is Kane now a showing star but now he is going to take the dressage world by storm too :biggrin:

Poor Loki is starting to miss his friend, he hasn't taken to his two new field mates, and they have now paired up. There is a new horse arriving today and joining their group so hopefully they might bond. It is for the best though, he hasn't been seen running around, and without tempting fate, his shoes are looking good too.

Yeah I'm going to see how this class goes and I might join too. They seem to be arranging loads of great things so I'm keen to keep an eye on what they are planning!! Glad to hear you recommend joining. :wink:

What a shame Loki is feeling left out, fingers crossed the new addition becomes his pal! We had a couple of new arrivals on monday, a tiny little section A that was going absolutely nuts when I arrived. Took me 5 minutes to get Kane out the field cos she kept charging the gate!! :laugh: Kane was most disturbed by her!! :rolleyes: