UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Good luck with your new boy Mist :flowers:

Boss's new horse sounds interesting Anne, but *ahem* where are the pics! Hertha sounds a lovely and talented girl :wub:

Sounds like you have had a productve weekend Bradders :biggrin: Do you think you will keep the saddle or get one with knee rolls?

What a fantastic weekend with this weather, makes everything so much nicer :biggrin: Hacked out both days, Saturday I decided to try canter again first time after the flybucking :rolleyes: But he was very good if a little forward bound :laugh: luckily at the top pf the hill we met a jogger which backed Loki off back into trot, he felt so full of energy I turned down the canter track with the aim of trotting along it, but we jumped a puddle and landed in canter, and we were rather enjoying ourselves, so we kept going, I did have a bit of brake failure at the end but it was good fun :laugh:

Today after hacking we can back to find someone had set some jumps up in the school, so we had a play and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves :laugh:

I have been keeping record of his feet since the new farrier took over, I am really pleased with the progress.

Stupidly I didn't take any before the new guy took over, but this is after the first shoeing with new farrier

01.11.07c.JPG

This is today a few days after shoeing number four

Feb%2008.2.JPG

Just a few random pics

excuse the wonkey saddle pad

Image044.JPG

Will you stop taking pics and put me in field :wub:

Image048.JPG

Great to hear from you again!! Does this mean that now I am finally moving to UK I won't be able to have ride on the lovely Cueva? Now that is just not fair at all! :glare:

Sounds very myseterious about your new boy, looking forward to hearing the whole story (with piccies :wink: )

Anne! I didn't know you were moving here, WOW! How fantastic we can all have a Refuge Horsey person's Geek Meet.

I will still own Cueva, she is being a broodmare and then I would like me/someone to ride her again, she has such beautiful paces.

Having terrible cold feet about new boy, he is recovering from laminitis and is still not sound, but he is so very, very perfect in every other respect. Such a difficult call....

Ooo Mist how exciting! I'm sure you have made the right decision about Cueva, she will have lovely babies.

Good news about the yard Clare, how do such tales get about!!

Wanda came to visit me today, YO Sam boxed her up, parked up the road and rode her round to the house. Oh the smell of horse was lovely, I got to stroke her all over and to have a lovely snog. :biggrin: Wasn't it nice of her to bring her to see me!!! :flowers:

Aww, it must have been lovely to see Wanda :)

Sounds like you had the most incredible weekend Clare :)

I had a lovely ride on Rolo in the school tonight! (Saddle goes back tomorrow)

He was such a good boy – Sarah even persuaded me to try for canter (I haven’t cantered in months!) – I tried but failed miserably – got the most incredible extended trot tho – boy can he move when he wants to – if that saddle can cope with that, it can cope with anything!! Sarah then made me do sitting trot on him – I have only ever managed a couple of strides before – he rocks from side to side so much – did several circles, before we had both had enough!

I have come away feeling much happier – as Sarah said, she was not at all bothered by me not getting canter – she would have been far more worried if I had not wanted to try. And there was a lot of laughing – as I rode round – which must be a good thing. :)

Sounds like everyone has enjoyed the sun shine!

That's lovely for Wanda to come visit you, must of made your day.

Fingers crossed the new boy turns out to be possible for you to take on Alison. Sad you and Cueva didn't quite click, but I suppose it's like people and we don't all get on. Would love to see a piccy of the gorgeous Mist. :wub: :wub:

You're going to so miss those horses Anne. :GroupHug:

I'm so glad your saddle seems to be working out Jen, just in time for the good weather! :wink: He's going to be a really great horse once you can get going together.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend like me Clare!!! :wink: Had yesterday off so poor Kane has had 3 days of riding. Had a nice sedate hack round the beach block on saturday (Danny's new loan lady came with us so we have to go slow as she's still abit wobbly with the whole horse riding thing!! :laugh: )

Sunday just me and Helen went out so we had some fun!!! :laugh: Much as she drives me nuts as a horse owner, we do have similar riding abilities and enjoy a bit of sillyness! We had a major issue going passed some donkeys so had the spooking twins in full force!!! Both me and Helen lost our stirrups so it was a competition to see who would stay on!!! Luckily we both did, but me hanging off Kane's ears cos I was laughing too much to put myself right!! :laugh: I used to think people who laughted at spooking horses were nuts, but now I realise that if you trust your horse it's nothing to worry about!! Had a lovely canter up the grass track....only to have twin spooking half way up cos of a plastic bag!! :rolleyes:

Yesterday did a little hack to the beach with Lynn, met up with someone I've not seen for ages, and she's going to box her horse over this weekend so it will be nice to have someone new to ride with.

I'm currently madly and utterly in love with my horse, I think we've really turned a corner and now we can start enjoying ourselves. A bit annoyed cos we've got a mini Le Trek event being held near by and I can't go cos Lynn's sold the Land Rover and bought a convertable!! :( They are getting a new pick up but are too busy right now, and my car won't pull the box!

I think we've really turned a corner and now we can start enjoying ourselves.

How wierd is that!! I was talking to my friend Sarah about you 2 the other day - saying how you give me hope - and the exact phase I used was "they appear to have turned a corner a few months ago and are havign fun!" :biggrin:

(A general discussion on "whatever happened to quiet cobs?" did them ensue! :rolleyes:

Really chuffed all is going well Bradders :biggrin:

What a lovely suprise visitor Wanda must have been :wub:

If anyone has a moment could they possible look at this test for me Test 3

Am I right in thinking movement 3-4, I finish my serpentine at C and then can do the transition to walk anywhere between there and M. Never seem such a gap to do a transition before :unsure: Just want to make sure I understand it right :rolleyes:

If that is right I will do most if it in trot as will be over quicker then :D

I've just had a call off the organisers of the dressage that me and Jayne (Gooster) are going to on Sunday to ask if it is a major problem if Jayne has her test at about 9.30am and mine don't start until 1pm!!! Apparently they have been let down by a judge having to start later than planned. They were really worried that it would be a problem for me and were trying to work out if they could find stables we could put the boys in in the gap. I've said not to worry about it, I'll just take Blue first then go home after that, drop Blue off and collect Apple!!! Means I get a bit more of a lie in cos I won't get Apple ready until we come back!!!

151545856NtYEcH_th.jpg

Going tomorrow to collect the BEastly one!!

It going to be an interesting adventure for us both as I've not ridden her for 2 years now as shes been on a competition yards and ridden by professionals then we've spent 12 months lame until November. Shes now competition fit so I fully expect to be on the floor alot over the coming months!

ooh I got praise today. Boss is back home and said Palermo (on trial) started out better than he has before so that was nice. I cantered Hertha today, both ways round (have only had a couple of short canters where she just came up with the idea herself, not cos I asked) and she was really good. Boss sat on her herself for the first time today as well! I can sefaly say I have never sat on a horse with that much potential before, hope everything works out for her!

Sorry for not being very good at keeping up with you all, it is hard with the very limited time I have on here :flowers: