UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vena's Diary Of A New Life

elricc

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Good morning Vena.

You sound a little better today :) You also have a bit of a sense of humour peeping out there, thats a bit norty liking watching the humunz crawl around getting hurties, but I dont blame you, after what youve been through you are allowed to be as norty as you like, and fart as loud as you like too, especially if the humunz are crawling towards your back-end.

You are doing very well Vena, you deserve all the happiness in the world. :wub:

Laura, you and Mark are truely wonderful, giving and inspiring people :flowers:

Vena, never again will you be 'invisible dog' from now on you are 'loved, adored, happy dog'. Little baby steps for us are huge ginormous (sp) leaps for you. You have your protectors who will nurture and cherish all that you are and all that you do. To say I am happy for you is the biggest understatement in the world, I am sitting here crying the most happy tears for you my darling.

All my love to you Vena

Loobie xx

Morning little Vena-girl! :) Glad to hear you're making it out of your cubby hole a bit more often and that you're starting to enjoy your human and canine company!

For what it's worth, when Malcolm first arrived he was very scared too; he lived on my bed upstairs, had to be coaxed down to go for walkies and upon return he'd bolt back up the stairs even though the other people in the house were really nice to him. I have to admit it was very romantic to carry him over the treshold for the first week or so, but after that it got a bit tiresome for my back - he's a rather big boy you see. Then all of a sudden he just walked out the door and round the park as if he'd never done anything else!

And he was ever so scared of people. This morning he nearly tripped a lady up because he was so desperate to see if what she had in her pocket was, per chance, a treat for him! :laugh: See, if Malcolm can do it then so can you! Keep us updated little Vena coz we all love hearing from you! :wub:

BUT a big breakthrough, I came out on my own and had a nibble of food and a drink. I've got my own bowl of water in the big cupboard so I can have a drink when I like. When all the people and dogs went to bed I came out for a little wander.

:partytime:

So proud of you Vena. :wub:

First chance I've had to read this...was waiting til the office was empty!!! :mecry:

Well at the risk of becoming boring, I still felt I had to tell you that I am officially BRAVE. I came out of the cupboard on the lead, went out into the garden, and I had my lead off and I didn't run in. I had a wee and a huge POO (the people said it was the biggest they had ever seen) I went into and out of the house on my own (how clever am I) and went up to the people for a quick stroke (well really a sausage but they didn't have any) I had another poo, and wait for it. I came in and only went to the door of the cupboard. I came back into the kitchen and sort of hid between all the other dogs, and when the woman was mopping I just sort of hung about. I went into the front room and looked out the window, but that was very frightening. I went back to my cupboard but not right to the back. I sat on my lovely soft bed near the front, and I didn't mind. I am on the watch out for the fridge door now in case more sausges come out.