UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vena's Diary Of A New Life

elricc

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was still a bit to frightened to come out on my own , so the people got me out again and sat me on the sofa and massaged my ears and feet, I enjoyed it. One of the things they found out about me was that my 4 canines have been filed or cut. :mecry:

I ate tripe sticks and ham and sausages and stayed in the back room on a dog bed in the corner, I had my lead on and then went out the garden, I didn't wee and was worried.

So I came back in and went into the larder where I feel safe, and watched everyone.

Then a person who I haven't met, but he lives here, came in. I was so frightened I tried to get as far back in the cupboard as I could, but the other people got me out and cuddled me and the new person , sat next to me on the floor and stroked me. I stayed on the bed in the backroom and stretched out a little bit.

When he went out the door banged, so I shot back in the larder. I have a bowl of water and a chew in there and the other dogs wonder in to see me, (and try to knick my chew).

My dinner is coming soon so I think they will want me to come out of the cupboard. They don't have to lift me now, they can put a lead on me and I will come out.

I went out in the garden on my lead and then went off and had a wee and a poo, and I didn't panic too much. I an sitting on the bed in the back room and watching everyone, I am very very tired, but I am worried about sleeping with people around me so am fighting to keep my eyes open all the time. I had the other dogs leftovers as well as my dinner and they didn't mind.

494.gif Oh god, I try not to read things like this, Im kind of glad I did but wish I hadnt. Im so so happy for you Vena,you have found love at last, but so so angry for you too, at whatever made you this scared of life, and so so sad for you that its taken all this suffering before you found your family.

You are going to be very happy there Vena, just give yourself time, learn to trust, you,ll get there :wub: Laura will protect you and cherish you like you should be. She is your Mummy now, and thats what Mummys do, she,s very good at it :GroupHug:

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry: Feck, I dont know if I can read things like this everyday Laura, but what an amazing person you are :flowers:

I wanted to keep a diary of progress because there are other dogs like V who have waited and waited and are deemed unhomeable by many and seen to take a rescue place from a more "normal" dog. She will adjust and I have no doubts that when we look back in a years time we will shudder at what she was like compared to the quietly happy little soul we have.

I can honestly say that little steps and patience is all that is needed, I have no doubt that are lots of people who could do this.

plug for elsa here.

she is asleep in the backroom shhhhh

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry: with sadness at what this poor baby has been through but also with happiness at the love surrounding her now.

I am so looking forward to the updates and to read of Vena's growing confidence in the love in her Forever home.

Thank you Laura.

I suspect from looking at all the scars and the cut/filed canines on her she might have been a bait dog. In spain galgos are often used as bait in dog fighting. Puppies are sold openly as bait.

Well last night I stayed in the back room for quite a while, even when people went in and out and through to the kitchen. I didn't want to sleep in case someone did something to me, but I did stretch my legs out a bit. I went out with the other dogs at bedtime and it worried me, bit I did a wee and then went in and got in the cupboard again. BUT a big breakthrough, I came out on my own and had a nibble of food and a drink. I've got my own bowl of water in the big cupboard so I can have a drink when I like. When all the people and dogs went to bed I came out for a little wander. But then the people came back and I ran really quickly and wedged myself in the back of the cupboard again. They got me out and gave me another sausage, then I went back in but laid on my bed.

This morning I panicced again, but when I had my lead on I felt better and got up to go out to the garden for a wee, I wasn't worried about having a wee or a poo today. I think I quite like watching the people crawling into the back of the cupboard to put my lead on. They say things like "ooohhh my back, or ouch".

I had another sausage in the garden, the lady is going to get me a bone to clean my teeth a bit today. I ran in really quickly and went back to my cupboard, but I really like watching today. Also I am farting a lot so the people said I might have had too many treats, I don't think I have though.