UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Life, The Universe & Everything Else

Yantan

The chap who was killed yesterday in the road accident is someone I know. I have known his wife and her family since I was a titch. He was a lovely man who was devoted to his missus and their son. The driver of the vehicle, believed to be an HGV, didn't stop. Police are appealing for the driver to come forward and say it is entirely possible that he or she was totally unaware they had hit someone.

My BIL was killed while out jogging. He was crossing a new dual carriageway and checked the traffic but didn't see anything. He started to cross and a car appeared. He ducked back but , at the same time, the driver swerved the same way so he was hit and thrown up in the air.

He was conscious and even apologised to the car driver but lapsed into unconsciousness in th ambulance. The hospital doctors worked on him for ages to revive him as they thought he had had a heart attack, but he dies.

The post mortem revealed brain damage due to banging his forehead when he landed .

He was jogging with friends from work during their lunch hour and they were able to give details of what happened.

They couldn't understand why he ran out when he did but it was wet and murky, the car was grey and he was colour blind. He wouldn't have seen the car.

Despite her grief my sister felt really sorry for the elderly car driver and didn't blame him in any way.

Hope they are well behaved.

Advance warning as requested of our appearance on TV. It is on the last programme in the series, Channel 4 Lost and Found at 3 pm, on Fri 22nd Dec. I never know if bits we are in will end up in cutting room bin, but in this case it is unlikely as there will be film of Wispa working out trail from last sighting in a pub car park and going down canal towpath which was picturesque with houseboats etc.

• Like 1

I must remember to watch that. Thanks for the heads-up Owl.

Yes, I wondered what had happened when I couldn't get on here yesterday. We woke up to snow yesterday morning but it's raining like billy-oh today :(

Are we all ready for Christmas? Thank dawg I am.

Hi all

Lots to catch up on. Got a new phone and there doesnt seem to be an IPB app for a Samsung.

Sorry to hear about Angelas passing.

Hope all dogs and people are doing ok.

We had loads of snow on Wednesday night. I went to the gym at 7.30pm and by the time I finished at 8.30, about 2 inches of snow had appeared from nowhere. It took me about an hour and a half to do the 2 and a bit miles back to my house :rolleyes: My Car is ok in snow, but other drivers were shocking. One bloke was driving and getting nowhere fast in the middle of the road, so nobody could pass him going either way.

Getting a new addition in the new year - going to be one step closer to a crazy cat lady :laugh:

• Like 1

It might be worth you getting a cage for introducing new dogs so you can take is slowly.

It takes time for the dynamics to sort out and settle down.

It is not fair to stress your own dogs out in their own home.

Snow all gone now, thank goodness.

Making soup today to use up veg in the fridge. Will freeze it for use over the next few weeks.

• Like 1