UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

october 23

Jazz

Damp!

We had cinstant rain from Friday night  until Sunday teatime.  No flooding around here but many roads closed on Saturday due flodds, landslides  or cattle being moved from flooded fields.

No accidents reported though so one good thing to come out of it.  A9 is notorious for  accidents nearly every day with multiple deaths. I

t is worst in summer with foreign visitors who get confused which side of the road they should be driving on.

Glad no accidents, and that you are not flooded out.

A friend and I went yesterday to see a hooded crow, which is in a field of pigs not far from me. They are rarely seen this far south.  Redwings and fieldfares are arriving for the winter.

I have no love for hooded crows.

When I lived up north, we had two rogue hooded crows attacking our windows. They moved from one window to another.

They attacked neighbour's cars.  Fortunately they didn't attack ours.

They started banging the windows at 5 am and continued until 8pm. One did the attacking and the other fluttered around it, loudly encouraging it. 

They were not after the putty as it was the window surround they were pecking.

WE tried all the usual detterents but nothing worked.

We covered the garage window with newspaper to stop any reflection but they ripped the paper off. 

We strung black cotton across the window, after two days they had learned to balanc eon it.

They pecked the eyes out of the new born lambs.

Murphy was terrified by the banging and we had to bring him into the bedroom, beside us, at night.

Eventually, the gamekeeper of the local estate trapped them and peace returned.