UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December 22

Jazz

No more snow since this morning.

I have topped up the bird seed.

Cleared the snow off the car and a path from the car to the road. 

I am supposed to be travelling to my sister's tomorrow to deliver Christmas present so waiting anxiously to see what the weather does tonight. I won't be driving.It will be my son.

ot to see my sister. Main roads were fine but side roads not so good.

I have never experienced frozen snow and ice crunching under the car tyres.

My grandson walked onto the snow on the grass and he didn't sink in at all. He walked on top of it.

-5 at my back door this morning. I need to go out to get fuel- warning light on- so might need a bank loan to fill it up!

One rear light failed on the way home , so a trip to Halfords for a new one and get them to fit it.

The sun is shining but don't know if it is making much difference to the frozen road outside.  Our cul de sac doesn't get gritted.

Cars are stuck here. 3 have got stuck blocking the whole estate off at my sons. good job he works from home. Ive used my snow shovel for the first time, cleared the garden so the dogs arnt soaked when they come in. 

stay in or be safe. we need all of you checking in so we know your ok x

Checking in from North Notts where we have no snow at all. Just frost and fog. Most ice melted yesterday, makes it easier for Wispa in garden. Can get around village ok, not planning to go anywhere else.  I have been looking at photos from down south, looks very bad. 

Boiler stopped working this morning. Radiators  were warm but no hot water for shower. Boiler dead. Plumber couldn’t’t come until late afternoon as he was doing gas training all day. He cut off the frozen bit of condensate pipe and got the boiler working. He will come back and fix pipe when the weather warms up. He had two other places to go after me, for the same reason. The pipe is outside and it is just too cold for it.