UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

Morning from a wet and windy Dunoon. Football on the TV all day so that's my Boxing Day sorted 😀 Christmas was lovely with my son and daughter in law coming over but we'll be living on leftovers for a fortnight lol. I'm sure the dogs will help out.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day xx

• Like 1

Went to reserve yesterday, beautiful with amazing sunset but freezing so had a brisk walk and went home before long. Doing much the same today. 

I was worried because I didnt' get my usual Christmas morning call from my sister, and could not get hold of her. When we eventually spoke in the evening, it turned out that she had spent Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day doing battle with hospital and social services.  A couple of weeks ago she alerted social services to the plight of a neighbour aged 94 who has developed severe dementia, and although very mobile is incapable of looking after herself and certainly does not understand covid precautions. She was wandering round getting right in the faces of other elderly and vulnerable neighbours. She was taken into hospital, but in Christmas Eve the hospital decided to send her home although positive for Covid, because she was mobile and my sister could be her carer!  It seems that Judith's act in calling in social services meant that she had been made responsible for her. It took the best part of two days to get the authorities to agree to finding her a suitable nursing home.

• Sad 1

It is no wonder people don't want to get involved when things like that happen, owl.

We had a good Christmas Day with roast sirloin for dinner.

Today it is very wet and windy so haven't ventured out yet . I am hoping for a dry spell to take Cleo out for a quick walk. 

Otherwise another lazy day.

Owl, I'm speechless regarding that elderly lady! So the hospital thinks it's fine to send a vulnerable pensioner who is positive for Covid home, and the social services think it's fine to assign someone to care for her without bothering to check the circumstances? Can't decide which lot are more incompetent.  By the way has the bank card turned up yet?

Had a pleasant afternoon and early evening at my daughter's yesterday, enlivened by suddenly realised Candy wasn't in the house. Back door had been opened to let the  haze arising from the oven out, she'd obviously gone out and door shut behind her.  Thing is, my daughter lives in a small square, not a street, back leads to coal sheds, drive to gardens (separate from houses) and fields! Philip called and called then thought, went and opened the front door and a very relieved Candy scorched in! She'd found her way right round and was waiting, thank heavens.  Losing a mainly black dog where there were no street lamps wouldn't have been good.

all ok here, stayed wet and windy all day. got Cooper out for a walk in the one dry spell - no chance with the others. Looks like same again tomorrow but dry for the rest of the week. Here's hoping.

Phew for Candy finding her way round the house. Must have been a scary few minutes though.