UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

I might get that bright pink cardholder, Eve. I don't like that colour at all and never have anything bright pink in house or car, so it would not have anywhere to camouflage itself. It usually lives in a card pocket inside my small shoulderbag/wallet thingy, and I only took it out to pay my neighbour. ,Last seen with card reader, which is now back on bedroom bookshelf where it lives. I remember putting the card on top of a small bookshelf at top of stairs which is where things wait to go downstairs. Not there now so presumably headed downstairs but didn't make it back to its proper home. I can only think that something may have distracted me but I can't remember what. Not a lot happens at 6.30 a.m. 

11 hours ago, blackmagic said:

It hasn't fallen down the back of the book shelf  or between any books on the shelf?

My mantra is if it isn't where it should be , look where it shouldn't be.

I have done that. The shelf has a flat top and doesn't have books in it but various things in boxes. I have looked there. As rain is forecast all day on Boxing Day, I will probably dedicate the whole day to searching for it. 

Well, this year hasn't been at all what any of us expected! Some have lost close ones in real life, some have lost virtual friends for no apparent reason but here we are, still standing (some more wobbly than others, Jazz!)

I hope the next few days will bring all of you a sense of peace, lost things will surface, no animals will eat what they shouldn't and the New Year won't dare to be as bad as the old one! For myself, I'm grateful and slightly surprised to actually still be here, there were several times I didn't think I would be.  My guardian angel has obviously squared their shoulders and risen to the task.

• Like 2

I know we have said it before, but next year has to be better! This year has been too much, broke my toes in february and it went downhill from there

Yes, didnt see the raised paving slab, good job the wall was there as I was in the garden, so dont know if the careline would have heard me from the hall with the windows closed. 

got a caravan step for elwood to get on the sofa. looks like it will work, should take his weight as its for people and its solid thick plastic so he shouldnt chew it. ive pulled the foam and sheepskin cover off the footstool and taped it on this as its slatted on the top. we shall see

Edited by Jazz

I am also grateful you are still here, suzeanna x

I am grateful that Wispa, the fishes, the van, the house and myself are still up and running/swimming/standing, and that I have so many excellent neighbours and some very good friends. 

Today didn't turn out as expected. Instead of dealing with litter on the reserve, I made a fairly demanding 55 mile round trip to take a crate and some assorted foodstuffs to Chrissie for little Max. He was very unsettled and noisy last night, peed everywhere and took some paint off the door, and would not eat. Sadly his owner had gone to pieces after her husband died and had been living on junk food and giving the same to Max. Burgers, cake, chocolate biscuits!  Her diabetes went out of control and she is still in a coma after several days. Max is very overweight and has a bad tummy, and as a result his coat at the rear was in a yucky state. Now tidied up, but his skin is sore where dirty mats have been cut away.  He was refusing to eat dog food so I took various healthy things to tempt him. Chrissie just messaged me to say he likes the dried sprats and has gone to sleep on a soft pad in his crate. He seems to feel safe there.  I left 3 packs of Wispa's raw food and some of her grain-free kibble. If he accepts a raw diet the excess weight should drop off him.

He is only about 5 at most, so Chrissie will be looking for a suitable active home for him once she has sorted him out. The stroke has left her unable to walk as far as she could, and she feels quite rightly that she cannot give him the exercise he needs. 

Jazz, I have an awful lot of bubble wrap here ... 

• Like 1

Aw, little Max, poor mixed up wee boy. Hope Chrissie can turn him round and he gets the best home for him.

We're right beside your guardian angel Suzeanna and sending healing vibes for 2021 plus a big virtual hug ((( )))

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, love you all xxx